Preemies

How long on neosure?

How long was your baby on neosure? The neonatologist said she wanted him on it for 2-4 months. We're approaching 2 months so I'll ask my pediatrician, but I'm curious what other people are doing. This stuff is expensive! :-)

12 dpo: HCG = 184 Progesterone = 34
14 dpo: HCG = 529 Progesterone = 24.6
My Blog

Re: How long on neosure?

• My pedi wants him on it for 4 months as well, we just hit 8 wks, 4 wks at home.   I can't wait to stop buying this expensive stuff too!

Me: 30 DH:33 DX PCOS TTC #1 since 1/11. Metformin 1000mg before BFP, 2 rounds of Provera and 1 round of Clomid. BFP 10/12! Ethan James born 5/11/12 at 34 weeks...after 4 weeks in the NICU he finally came home!!
  • DS was on it during his whole stay in NICU plus two months at home = just over 4 mo total. He wasn't having any weight gain issues and had switched to EBF so we got the OK from the pedi.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS was on it for 6 months.  The first 4 months he was on a super concentrated version (we added an extra scoop).  I was so thankful at his 6 month apt when the dr said we could switch to regular formula. 

• Still on it at almost 12 months, but that's because we have it covered by prescription.  They BF almost exclusively until about a month ago I've had to give more formula.
  • The hospital switched him over to regular formula about a week before he was discharged- so at about 3 weeks old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • We are still on it, but we get it thru our insurance company..can you get thru the insurance company as 'medical necessity'..my daughter is 11 mos actual/8 mos adj..  & our nutritionist said it's okay for her calorie wise to be on neosure for awhile.

IVF - 9/09 - BFN! :( IVF #2 - ER 3/16; ET 3/18 with one embryo Beta 3/30 -- BFN! :( IVF #3 - 5/10 - BFN! IVF #4 - 11/10 - BFP. m/c at 6weeks :( FET #1 - 2/11 - BFP. beta on 2/21 :) Thank you God! :) u/s on 3/7 showed TWINS! u/s on 3/11 TWO heartbeats! Couldn't be happier :)
  • For a year. We also had it covered by insurance as medically necessary. Bth of my peanuts had a horrible time gaining weight. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ours were on it until about 6 months.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
  • I switched them off it at 7 weeks old (1 week adjusted). The pedi had said at their 1 month visit that we could switch them off at the end of the month and I waited a little longer. DS was having horrible gas pains on it and it was making his miserable. Neither DS nor DD had any issue with weight gain.
    ttc #1 since 7/10 Dx - PCOS and LPD chemical pregnancy 6/11 IUI #1 9/5 & 9/6 9/19 - BFP, beta #1 149 (15 dpo), beta #1 (17 dpo) 370 1st ultrasound 5 w 6 days -- TWINS!!! It's a boy and a girl! Born April 15, 2012. Baby A - 4 lbs 11 ounces, Baby B - 5 lbs 6 ounces Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • My LO is 8 months actual and is still on it. My pedi has said we could switch but staying on is fine too. She has never had trouble gaining weight and we have it covered through insurance so we are keeping her on for a full year.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Photobucket
  • We were on neosure for 9 months. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• The neo wanted LO on neosure for 2 months, but at 1.5 month we were taken off of it, because she was gaining weight very well.

• A little late to the game but 1 was on it for a year and the other (due to poor weight gain) for 15 months
  • I've been weaning DS off enfacare for about 2 months and finally kicked him off of it entirely two weeks ago.  Ours was covered by insurance so it was worth it since he's still small and we don't have to pay too much out of pocket.  - so 12 months total-ish?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • They wanted DS on it until he was at least 9 months. He was taken off at 4 1/2 months as he hit corrected age weight and height!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"