North Carolina Babies

Needs for a Winter baby

E was born in the end of March 2010 & our Spring was pretty warm that year, so she spent the majority of her first months in onesies & swaddled in thin receiving blankets.

This baby is due in December & I'm wondering what I'll need to prepare for that. Not so much clothes stuff, but things for sleeping, being out & about with the baby, etc. As I'm typing this, I feel like the answer is so obvious, but I'm just kind of stuck.

Thanks, all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Needs for a Winter baby

• I would just plan on having a few good warm blankets to wrap baby up in when you go out and some hats. That's what I did with both boys through the winters right after they were born. Newborn jackets are so awkward in my opinion, so it was easier to just put them in the car seat and then wrap them up in a blanket after they were buckled in and tuck a hat on. That seemed to work well and keep things simple for us. Smile
  • I had one of the car seat cover things I got a target that was fuzzy on the inside and sorta like windbreaker material in te outside that goes over the front of the seat except baby's face. It helped if there was wind and to keep him warmer without a jacket.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for posting this. I have been wondering some of the same things. It's hard to know what a winter in NC will be like.

Also I think we have the same due date and I'm in Durham also. Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetracelini:
    I would just plan on having a few good warm blankets to wrap baby up in when you go out and some hats. That's what I did with both boys through the winters right after they were born. Newborn jackets are so awkward in my opinion, so it was easier to just put them in the car seat and then wrap them up in a blanket after they were buckled in and tuck a hat on. That seemed to work well and keep things simple for us. Smile

How about for sleeping? Our house is older and is tough to heat, but I don't want to overdress the baby. Would you recommend a thin sleeper & a fleece swaddler? Is it possible to swaddle with thicker fleece blankets?

• imageTinyTRex321:

Thanks for posting this. I have been wondering some of the same things. It's hard to know what a winter in NC will be like.

December 11th? Where are you in Durham?

• My kids lived in those fleece sleep sacks. Ditto blankets for the car.

Katie, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Zach, Duke Gardens, 6months

ry%3D400

Photo courtesy from the amazing Ever You Photography!

• imagesno&jmg:
    imageTinyTRex321:

Thanks for posting this. I have been wondering some of the same things. It's hard to know what a winter in NC will be like.

Yup Dec. 11th, not too far from Duke. What about you? Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to post it.

• imagesno&jmg:

imagetracelini:
    I would just plan on having a few good warm blankets to wrap baby up in when you go out and some hats. That's what I did with both boys through the winters right after they were born. Newborn jackets are so awkward in my opinion, so it was easier to just put them in the car seat and then wrap them up in a blanket after they were buckled in and tuck a hat on. That seemed to work well and keep things simple for us. Smile

How about for sleeping? Our house is older and is tough to heat, but I don't want to overdress the baby. Would you recommend a thin sleeper & a fleece swaddler? Is it possible to swaddle with thicker fleece blankets?

I would just do a fleece sleeper and maybe invest in some fleece crib sheets. We also have an older home and heat with the wood stove all winter, and between fleece sleepers and fleece crib sheets, ours always seemed toasty warm. Smile There's a seller on amazon that sells the fleece sheets, they are wonderful!

• imagetracelini:
    imagesno&jmg:

imagetracelini:

I would just do a fleece sleeper and maybe invest in some fleece crib sheets. We also have an older home and heat with the wood stove all winter, and between fleece sleepers and fleece crib sheets, ours always seemed toasty warm. Smile There's a seller on amazon that sells the fleece sheets, they are wonderful!

Great idea! I'll look into that.

• imageTinyTRex321:
    imagesno&jmg:
    imageTinyTRex321:

Yup Dec. 11th, not too far from Duke. What about you? Feel free to send me a PM if you don't want to post it.

How exciting! I'm in the South Square/Hope Valley area, so not too far from Duke either. :)

• imagesno&jmg:
    imageTinyTRex321:
    imagesno&jmg:
    imageTinyTRex321:

How exciting! I'm in the South Square/Hope Valley area, so not too far from Duke either. :)

Yeah that isn't far from me at all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"