Dallas-Fort Worth Babies
Options

Sad and not happy

I am 24 years old and I am 27 about to be 28 weeks pregnant and I have just come back from being stationed in California.  Since I have been back I have done nothing but cry and and be highly depressed.  I haven't found a doctor in my area because I don't know how to do that and I haven't figured any insurance stuff out.   I will soon stop recieveing my paycheck from the Military because I will be complete with my 4 years.  I haven't found a job heck I don't even know if anyone will higher someone then put them on maternity leave. The baby's father lives in houston and won't move to fort worth because the pay for him is better down there.  I went to visit and I was miserable, I didn't feelk comfortable living in the country.  (I am a city girl all the way).  I am writing this post maybe to get advice from other moms on how to handle all this stress or maybe also to just vent. 

It seems as it gets closer to our littlee boy to be born the more depressed and overwhelmed I get.

Any information or feedback would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.     

Re: Sad and not happy

• Options

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time! Being prego is tough, but having a newborn is WAY harder... I would talk to your OBGYN and see what their recommendation is, they try to keep you on a minimum of anti-depressents...you need to find a doctor asap to make sure you're baby is on track.  Do you workout?  That might help... just try walking the mall since its wayyy to hot out now.

I hate to be blunt, but the reality is its not about you anymore...so you need to do whats best for the baby and get yourself healthy..mentally, financially and supported by your husband/bf because your going to need a support system when baby is born.

Good luck!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I understand that things are tough right now.  I think all of us go through some pregnancy blues every once in a while.  Do you have family in Dallas/Fort Worth?

Here's the reality: you can't do this on your own.  Believe me, I've been trying to do it on my own for 14 months now with a job and it's really hard, almost impossible.  You may want to consider going to Houston so you have your baby's father there to help you, regardless of it being too "country."  Eventually, once you've gotten things on track, you can move back to the city.  Having a baby means sacrificing.  It's not fun and it sux, but life is going to be all about that baby now.  You may need to tough it out living away from the city for a little while. 

You're right to think that you're unlikely to find a job while you're pregnant.  People don't want to employ someone who is just going to leave in a couple of months.  So this may be your best opportunity to move to where you have support.  If your family is somewhere that you'd feel more comfortable being, then move to them.  The point is, now you need to take care of your baby and not just you.  So plan for the help now because you will definitely need it.

I would talk to a doctor as soon as you can.  Even if you go to one of those clinics that don't take insurance just to check in on things, then you should try it.  They might be able to help and maybe get you some medicine to help you feel a little better.  Good luck.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm a veteran too. Thank you for your service :) My husband is stationed in Florida and we are here in Texas and now unexpectedly pregnant with #4. I'm dealing with depression because of the pregnancy too. My only advice is to try and think of the positive and have faith that everything will work out. We're stronger than we realize sometimes.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"