March 2012 Moms

question about diapers

I just wanted to know what size diapers are your LO's in? Are they FF of BF? [Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: question about diapers

• We buy size 2.  We are tossing around the idea of cloth, but I need a playdate with my cloth diapering mamas before I completely commit to that idea.  Oh and we FF.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemrscjmb9410:
    ebf. we mainly use cloth but traveling recently we bought disposables, size 4. he's nearly 17lbs and 27.5 inches long and in 6-9 or 9-12 mos clothing.

My baby is almost the same size (almost 18 pounds and 27 inches) and we can still use size 2s but we're at the very end of being able to. I'm trying to kill them all off before we go up to the threes. We FF.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I ebf and cd. She's wearing her first disposable (a 2) in weeks because I forgot to switch the laundry over yesterday. If you're considering cloth, go for it. It's a piece of cake once you get the hang of it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD is in size 2.  I have no idea how much she weighs right now, but we have an appointment today so I will know later.  She is BF, and is wearing 3-6 months clothes.
  • BF (EP) - now up to 13 lbs, we'll be buying 2's soon

she is just now to begin to fit into 3 - 6 month clothes, she mostly still wears 0-3 and some of the larger NB pants. She is so tiny

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• imagekmhunt11:

I ebf and cd. She's wearing her first disposable (a 2) in weeks because I forgot to switch the laundry over yesterday. If you're considering cloth, go for it. It's a piece of cake once you get the hang of it. 

Can you give me a run down of what you use? 

• We do cloth mostly, disposables at night and when we gone for full days.

We use a prefold and a Thirsties cover. Simple and cheapest way to go with cloth.

I BF with about 2-3 oz. of formula a day. 

She is only 8 lbz 14 oz. She is in her last package of newborns then she will start on the stash of size 1s. She's just so tiny around.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• imagebeth2882:
    imagekmhunt11:

I ebf and cd. She's wearing her first disposable (a 2) in weeks because I forgot to switch the laundry over yesterday. If you're considering cloth, go for it. It's a piece of cake once you get the hang of it. 

Can you give me a run down of what you use? 

I have a very wide assortment because I was fortunate enough to be given almost all of them.  My MIL got me the Jillian's Drawers sample (google it).  It has a variety and you send back what you don't like for a refund.  Since she paid, I kept them all :)  My neighbor gave me a whole stash of gdiapers, which I love, even though many poo-poo them.  I use the cloth inserts unless we're going to be out and about all day- then I use the disposable ones.  I also have a bunch of small sized Charlie Bananas which I like as well.  Prefolds with covers are fine.  I don't know why, but I rarely grab those to put on her unless I'm out of the others.  Her clothes tend to be damper around the waist and legs with those.  I recommend the Jillian's Drawers trial.  It's enough diapers for 2-3 days if your baby is like mine.  If you have a frequent popper you'll use more.  If you try them, and care for them the way you're supposed to (they come with specific instructions), and you don't like them, I think you will only have spent $10 because they refund you all but that when you send them back.  

I LOVE CDing.  I didn't with DD1 and am amazed at how easy it is.  I have a sprayer to spray out the poops (google Bumgenius diaper sprayer), and the pee's just go straight into the wet bag.  I don't wash as often as I should- maybe every 4 days.  Washing isn't overly complicated.  I hated lugging big trash bags of dirty, stinky disposables out to the garbage can every few days.  Her room always smelled bad and i really hated the thought of that big of an environmental footprint that my little, tiny baby was making.  Since I switched to CD around 3 weeks I've taken out 1 bag of diapers to the trash can.   

• DS is in 3-6 mo clothes for the most part. He is fed BM. We are close to going to size 2 diapers but I want to try to work through the rest of his 1's first.. so we will see. :)

• Another big vote for cloth here (I mostly use pockets).  When we use sposies she's in a size 2 (14lbs FF)
    image  image  image

• My LO is 12lbs. 8oz. and 24 in. long at 3.5 months old. We just moved up to size 2 diapers & he is wearing 3-6 month clothing, but 6 mo. clothing seems more comfortable. 3 month clothing is just too tight. He is mostly BF, but gets about 8 oz./ day of formula.

• imagemrscjmb9410:
    ebf. we mainly use cloth but traveling recently we bought disposables, size 4. he's nearly 17lbs and 27.5 inches long and in 6-9 or 9-12 mos clothing.

How is he in size 4? My DS is 18 pounds and 28 inches long and in size three that starts at 18 pounds. 

• just looked at disposables on amazon.com - US diapers are sized differently than the ones I can get here in England. WEIRD.

DS is in size 4 over here (15-35lbs) but in US Pampers he would be in size 2 or 3. 

This makes more sense! 

• Size 2...she is BF with formula supplement.  Almost 14 weeks old.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • DD gets about 80% breastmilk/20% formula and weighs about 13 pounds. She's wearing size 1s, but I plan to move her up to size 2s once we use up this box.
    Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • we use BumGenius 4.0 cloth, one size pockets for 99% of the time. right now, we've used about half a pack of size 1s and are starting a pack of size 2. i wouldn't trade my cloth diapers for the world. it's great! no diaper rash AT ALL!!!
    + OPK July 6, 2011 IUI with anonymous donor sperm July 7, 2011 BFP July 21, 2011 Baby Girl Harper born via emergency C-section 3/22/12!
  • Size 2 and I EP.  She's a little over 13 lbs.
  • He's FF and wearing size 1-2 ... not sure his weight yet, have appointment tomorrow! =)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"