Trouble TTC

Delayed ovulation after HSG?

Hi ladies, 

I had my HSG on  June 22 (CD 11) and it was horrific. They couldn't get the catheter in, even though it went in perfectly fine the day before, and after several attempts they had to clamp my cervix into position to finally get it in. My test showed no blockages but afterwards I had bleeding and spotting for several days. Throughout this time I never got a peak on my monitor or a positive opk. I stopped temping since I ovulate regularly around CD17 and now my period is due tomorrow (my LP is 13 days) and I have no spotting indicating its coming and I spot every month. Did any of you have delayed ovulation after your test? I know I could have missed my surge but I was getting pretty regular positive OPKs. Just wanted to get others opinions bc this is such a mind f*ck! I wish I would have kept temping and not listened to my RE!

Also I'm certainly not asking if I'm pregnant (test=neg) I know better than that! I'm just curious if I could have Od later (I stopped OPKs cd 23) or not at all due to the HSG. I have also had increased egg white cm all cycle. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Delayed ovulation after HSG?

• I can't say for sure, but so many things can delay ovulation.  That is most likely what happened.  I can't give you any personal advice, my cycles were crazy, so I have no way of knowing if it was the HSG or not.  Sorry it was such a horrible experience for you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    TTC since April 2010
    Diagnosed w/PCOS as a teen
    Aug 2011 dx MFI
    Oct 2011 referral to RE 1500mg Met
    5 Rounds of Clomid
    On waiting list for injects/IUI
    P/SAIF Welcome
  • My period was late the month of my HSG. And I am NEVER late. I hadnt used OPK's that month or been able to pin point it - so I"m not sure if I o'd late - or just had a longer than usual leutal phase.....but I chalked it up to the disturbance from the HSG!

Good luck!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks! My RE said to call if I'm a week "late" and if no BFP they'll give provera. I just didn't want to have an issue this month when every other freakin month I've ovulated.
  • I have no idea what it means to "clamp" your cervix- but that does sound horrific!!!
    ---------------Siggy Warning--------------------

Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    Me: 32, DH: 34  / TTC since February 2011 / SA: all normal, HSG: all clear! / on Lovenox for anticardiolipid antibodies
    4 IUIs with Clomid, Letrozole, and Menopur. All BFN.
    9/12: lap / hysteroscopy: found and removed mild endometriosis, cervical polyp, and 2 para-tubular cysts
    5/13 IVF #1: Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix, 10R/4M/4F, ET of 2, 5 cell and 4 cell, no frosties = BFN
    12/13 IVF #2 = November / December 2013. Microdose Lupron Protocol: 15R/6M/6F, Froze all 6 due to high E2 and P4
    FET 1: Jan 22, 2014 of one 4AB blast and one 3BB blast (3 blasts on ice!)
    BFP on HPT 4dp5dt, Beta #1 9dp5dt: 310, Beta #2 11dp5dt: 899
    First u/s on 2/17/14: TWINS!!!!! both w/HBs of 114 at 6w3d, HBs 150 and 152 at 7w5d

5/27/2014: Team purple!!!!  EDD 10/10/2014 / 
    Delivered by c-section at 32w0d 8/15/2014 due to preeclampsia/HELLP syndrome
    Baby Boy 4lbs 1oz, 17 inches
    Baby Girl 3lbs 5oz, 16 inches

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • They had to take a tool and literally hold the cervix and put it in a position so they could get the catheter through it and into the uterus. And it definitely wasnt fun but atleast they got it in. The 8 failed attempts really sucked too! 
  • I actually had the opposite problem -- I had an HSG done in June and my cycle was really short (25-26 days) and I O'd much earlier in my cycle than normal.

I agree with other posters -- I think the HSG just completely threw my (normally) regular cycle out of whack.

• imagelarhun3:
    Thanks! My RE said to call if I'm a week "late" and if no BFP they'll give provera. I just didn't want to have an issue this month when every other freakin month I've ovulated.

This was EXACTLY how mine was!!!!!! I ended up being 4 days late - which for me is like an eternity.... And all BFN's. I never made it to the Provera point and hope the same is true for you!

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• Nope, I ovulated right on time as usual. Had my HSG on CD8...spotted for about a day or two afterwards...and ovulated on CD12.

~TTC#1 Since July 2011~ 
    Dx: Fibroids & Tubal Infertility
                                                        9/12 -IVF#1 =BFN; 5/14 -IVF#2=BFP:-) EDD 2.19.2015                                                

S/PAIF Welcome 

imageimageimage

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"