New Orleans Babies
Options

Dr. Review-Amber Naresh

My first pregnancy and visit in NOLA to Amber Naresh was when I was almost 8 weeks, she only examined me but never did an ultrasoud .  Eventhough I went to 3 other appointments and she could never find the heartbeat and didn?t do an ultrasound, she assured me everything was fine. I moved to Houston when i was almost 14 weeks and went to my appt. with a new Dr. who on my first visit did an ultrasound and informed me the fetus had been dead since week 7 or 8!! So basically, I was walking around with a dead fetus for over 6 weeks.  After my surgery to remove the fetus, my husband called Amber Naresh and she told him she  doesn't perform ultrasounds until 12 weeks. DO NOT RECOMMEND

Re: Dr. Review-Amber Naresh

• Options

This is so awful. I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sorry that you were put through that due to her incompetence. I'm not a fan of my gyno, who is also an OB and expected to be my OB, but I'm going to Woman to Woman Midwifery, and I'm very happy with them.

Are there any legal actions you could take? This is negligence in the very least, and it certainly can't hurt to maybe meet with a lawyer.

Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• Options

I'm very sorry for your loss and would never with that upon anyone, however...

imageadventureolive:

Are there any legal actions you could take? This is negligence in the very least, and it certainly can't hurt to maybe meet with a lawyer.

I am an attorney (not licensed to practice in the state of Louisiana but in Maryland) and Negligence depends upon the standard of care in a given specialty and in that geographic region... if the standard of care in OB is to not do an ultrasound until 12 weeks, then it was not negligent of the doctor to follow that standard of care.

While I'm very sorry for what you went through, if you have legal questions I would recommend speaking to an attorney who is actually licensed to practice law in the state of Louisiana.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"