School-Aged Children
Options

kindergarten!

DS starts kindgergarten this year. im a little sad but i just dont want him to know so that he knows it will be ok to go! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: kindergarten!

• Options
    Aww, don't be sad.  Your little boy is just growing up and it's a wonderful milestone.
  • Options
    That's how I feel about my daughter but she''s ready and I cant wait to see what she'll succeed in. I am almos about to start all over with another so when he gets to K then I'll start bawling.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel the same way. DS is so excited about going to Kindergarten so I am trying to keep it positive!! I am sure I will cry when I drop him off the first day though.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    It is amazing watching them grow in Kindergarten!   
    Cheryl, Evan 4.25.05, Paige 7.2.07
  • Options
    I was so excited ds was going to kindergarten this fall - I got ds excited too.  I was thrilled I wouldn't have to pay for daycare anymore.  My bubble burst though.  Now I'm wedded to the school year and holiday breaks.  I can't go on vacation when it is suitable for the rest of us. Oh yeah, and I have to pay for a babysitter for after school AND summer camp.  DS is now so excited to go to kindergarten...but I'm not!
    3 IUI's and 2 IVF's later- Brady arrived. Born at 36 weeks after PUPPS and pre-e/HELLP.
    IUI- BFN IVF #1 -BFP! Allie is our 2nd IVF baby. Born at 36 1/2 weeks after pre-e again
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

• Options
    imageJillAly:
    I was so excited ds was going to kindergarten this fall - I got ds excited too.  I was thrilled I wouldn't have to pay for daycare anymore.  My bubble burst though.  Now I'm wedded to the school year and holiday breaks.  I can't go on vacation when it is suitable for the rest of us. Oh yeah, and I have to pay for a babysitter for after school AND summer camp.  DS is now so excited to go to kindergarten...but I'm not!

lol...oh the compromises we make...for me it still comes out cheaper than daycare for a full yr.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I will cry when the bus drives DD away for her first day, just like I did for DS.  I'm happy for them, but it's bittersweet for me.  I just try really hard not to let them see it.  My mom always cried when I went onto the next stage in life, but she didn't let me see it.  I really liked that, I had enough of my own emotions to deal with and didn't need to worry about hers too.  ;-)
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    Ahh, don't be sad about it.  It will be a great experience.
  • Options
    My older DD starts in exactly 8 weeks from today (my younger DD is counting down the time until she starts her PreK program which is the same day) - I am totally excited for her.  I can't believe she is old enough to go and the time has gone by so fast but I am so excited for her to start this exciting part of her life - she so excited.  I know it helps all of us that she will be in school with about 20-25 kids that she was in PreK with and its the same school and her amazing PreK teachers will be checking in on her and all of that but starting this part of life is just such a huge step and I am loving watching her grow up (both my girls) and seeing how she handles everything and making friends and all of that cool stuff.  Plus we as a family are able to do so many different things that as a family with young kids, you just can't do.
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"