Indiana Babies

Monday Check-In

I'll be honest, I'm getting a little discouraged about keeping these up when only 1 or 2 people participate!  Join us!

1.  How are you feeling?

2.  Weekend highlight / lowlight?

3.  What are you looking forward to this week?

4.  Do you have any suggestions for how we can make this board more active? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Monday Check-In

• 1. Feeling good - just finished 3 brutal months of work, now have an easier month to focus on cleaning up a lot of loose ends on some work projects. should have a lot more time to just be a mom!

2. Highlight: Had a great afternoon at MLK pool yesterday with the kids. So glad they love the water.

3. Heading to Brown County on Friday with my mother- and sister-in-law to do some ziplining and hot-tubbing.

4. I wish I had suggestions! This board has been struggling for a while, and I fell off the face of the earth for the last several months since I was so swamped with work. Not sure why the interest just in the board just isn't there anymore. I think people just turn to the general boards for general questions, whereas the ladies that used to be on here relied much more heavily on eachother. The board was more active when people asked for advice on all baby-type stuff on here, not just local issues. I think that was the biggest disappointment with everyone leaving a while back - it left mostly expecting or brand-new moms on here that didn't have a lot of advice to give yet. With less folks around to answer the general questions (especially moms with experience), I think people have given up on this board and just stay on the national boards unless they have a IN-specific question. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1.  How are you feeling?  Feelilng pretty good.  Glad today is cooler!

2.  Weekend highlight / lowlight?  Highlight - We went down to the Madison/Vevay on the Ohio River on Saturday and went Jet-SKiing!  I love it!

3.  What are you looking forward to this week?  Nothing much.  I'm hosting a bridal shower on Sunday for a friend, so I gotta get ready for that and make food.

4.  Do you have any suggestions for how we can make this board more active?   I don't have any ideas either.  Sorry!  It is discouraging that only a couple of people post.  I mainly lurk on TB, but I try to participate on this board.  DH and I don't have any kids yet, but we hope to soon.  We're no longer trying to prevent, but with that being said, I don't offer too much children-related advice...even though I have grown up around kids my whole life!

DH: 34  
    Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Me: 26
    Jan. 2014 - Blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = high & AMH = low (0.73)
    Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb.  20, 2014 - First appointment with RE
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:
    Started TTC:  June 2012
    June 2012 - March 2013:  When it Happens/it happens method = BFN
    March 2013:  Started using Fertility Friend
    Cycles 1 - 15 with Fertility Friend = BFN
    Cycle 16 - Benched due to Laparoscopy
    Cycle 17 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 18 - Natural Cycle = BFN
    Cycle 19 - Natural Cycle = BFN

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• Loading the player...
  • ebd08ebd08 member

1.  Not so good - I caught Eli's sore throat and I can barely talk above a whisper!

2.  Highlight - we went to visit DH's aunt up near Ft. Wayne.  She lives out in the country and it's so beautiful.  

Lowlight - Eli still wasn't feeling too well and had a lot of trouble sleeping. 

3.  Looking forward to my little buddy getting back to normal and some cooler temperatures.

4.  On my birth month board, we do the following.  Do any of these appeal to anyone?

MIL Mondays - rant about your in-laws 

HDBD (Hump Day Bump Day) Wednesdays - share recent photos

Unpopular Opinion Thursdays

Flame Free Friday Confessions 

• We can try any of those!  Thanks - I now know what UO Thursday stands for when I'm lurking :-)

MIL Mondays doesn't really affect me (as of now).  My in-laws are pretty awesome.  I've never had a complaint with them.  But I love reading about in-law drama.  I always feel bad for the OP.

Aug 2013 - SA: Counts & Motility = great, Morph = 1%; RE didn't seem too concerned

Feb. 6, 2014 - Repeat blood work ordered by obgyn:  Prolactin = normal & AMH = low (0.9)
    Feb. 24, 2014 - HSG scheduled;  DX:  one tube definitely open & one tube could be blocked
    Mar. 7, 2014 - CD 21 Blood work for Progesterone; DX:  Progesterone level at 5.2; shows I ovulated but was low
    Mar. 28, 2014 - Laparoscopy; DX:  Tubes open.  Found some endometriosis and had that removed.

History:

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

• ebd08ebd08 member
    Yeah, the in-laws thing doesn't really affect me either - they're really pretty great!  Maybe we could just have General Rant Mondays instead.  :-)
  • I'm down with anything, but agree that although I probably could rant about my in-laws (or my own side of the family!) I probably wouldn't on here since it's public. Also, while I love seeing others' photos, I am pretty terrible about participating in any picture-posting threads because I either don't have access to my photos at work or am too lazy when I get home to go through the hassle of uploading a new picture. Anything else that involves rants/confessions/opinions/etc I am all about!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I'm all for TYKY posts. Good way to learn more about the people on here :-)

History:

Current Cycle:
    Cycle 20 = Natural Cycle

This discussion has been closed.