Preemies

Photographers who take photos for very sick babies after birth?

I know this has been posted somewhere and I thought it was this board, but I'm not sure.

I have a friend who is carrying a sick little one who will either need many surgeries after birth or who may not live or live long after birth. It's still really early for her and they don't have a definite prognosis but I need to DO something to keep myself busy and I was wondering if anyone has the list of photographers who offer their services to parents with ill babies to take pictures in the hospital?

I remember there was a list of those who would do it for free, but I'm willing to pay for it for her when the time comes.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

ETA- I'm just doing preliminary research on a lot of things at this point so that I'll have the information if/when it seems like something that might be right for her.

Re: Photographers who take photos for very sick babies after birth?

• I believe you are referring to Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep.  I think this service is reserved for babies with a terminal diagnosis.  There is another organization for preemies, Pictures of Hope.  HTH.  Sorry to hear about your friend's baby.  
  • This is extremely sweet of you to look into. I used pictures of hope and the photographer was amazing. 

My prayers are with her.  

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Thank you very much ladies. It will be a few more weeks before we know how good or bad the outlook is for her LO, but I will write these down and hope that I get to surprise her eventually with the happier version of this gift and get her a photoshoot while her baby spends a (short) time in the hospital.
  • We used www.preemieprints.org
    image Our 25 week miracles! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We used Pictures of Hope while in NICU. You're a thoughtful friend.
  • imageIncogNeato:
    Thank you very much ladies. It will be a few more weeks before we know how good or bad the outlook is for her LO, but I will write these down and hope that I get to surprise her eventually with the happier version of this gift and get her a photoshoot while her baby spends a (short) time in the hospital.

Just my feelings but you may not want to surprise her. First she may not want anyone taking pictures at the time they come and deck d she may not want any surprises. I know personally I was surprised enough about everything happening that anything like this would've pushed me over the breaking point. My pastor wanted to surprise me with a visit and I totally lost it. I was overwhelmed and felt like I had no control. Surprises made that worse. Just a thought.  

imageimage

Our little hippo was as impatient as mom!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Hoping for a full 40 weeks!! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"