Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

sunnybrook

Hello, I hope it is ok that I am paging you.  I apologize for the ticker.

Did your name used to be bloomingbecca?  You're picture was familiar and your story definitely struck a chord with me.

I think you and your husband are incredible for becoming foster parents.  I work with developmentally delayed infants and toddlers through EI and several of my kiddos are foster children.  We actually tried to have one of them placed with us.  We didn't push it because we didn't want to cause him any trauma (he'd been at his current placement for a year), and they were doing a decent job.  I still see him and it hurts like crazy to not just pack him up and bring him home with me.

I read that you are doing injecibles with IUI and I just wanted to wish you tons of luck.  It's so hard to be in such intense treatment, and then have it faiI.  I just wanted you to know I'm here if you ever want to talk.

Re: sunnybrook

• Hi there! I remember you. You have a great memory. That was my previous screen name. I am SO happy to see your ticker. Congratulations!! Seeing tickers of women who have been through so much always makes me smile and sometimes gives me a little hope.

I used to work in a therapeautic residential program and in a special ed school. One job was in Springfield, IL....your area!  Obviously I too have a soft spot for special needs children, esp DD, hearing impaired, and speech delays. We made this clear during the application process. However, since we are emergency foster parents, we take any child in our age group who needs a home. Our last placement turned 4 while with us and could say about 10 words. It was so rewarding working with her and watching her learn and grow. She learned about 40 signs in 2 weeks! I am so proud of her!!

How wonderful that you felt so much for your little guy. If his current placement doesn't work out, maybe you could be a resource family for him. I'm sure he would thrive with you. Did you let his caseworker know that you'd take him? Maybe you could offer to do respite and have him one weekend a month?

We are doing injectibles again. This will be our 2nd time. I'm not too hopeful but I have to try. We decided to start the adoption process regardless whether we can have bio children...a decision we made before ttc. We are now on the list to foster adopt. One way or another, we will have children some day!

Thanks for your offer to talk. Some days are so much harder than others. Each BFN and each time we say good-bye to a foster child, my heart breaks a little more. I didn't know how much hurt one heart could hold. Thanks again for thinking of me and Congrats on your little one!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"