Success after IF

If you got pregnant from an IUI?

if you got pregnant from an iui, when did you feel symptoms? Did you feel anything the first week after? just curious what to look for or not. tia

Re: If you got pregnant from an IUI?

• I felt a sharp pinch about 9dpiui but b/c our count was only 4 mil post wash I wrote the cycle off.  FWIW, I had daily headaches w/ all 3 pg throughout 1st tri as well.  GL!!
    Our miracle IVF baby - D 6/09 & J - Surprise! born 9/10!!!
  • Not at all. With my first IUI, I had a lot of twinges during the 2ww, very similar to what I had with the cycle that gave me DS, so I was certain it had worked, but it didn't.  The next IUI I didn't feel a thing, and that turned out to be the cycle that worked.
    DS (7 years old) from FET in 2010
    DD (5 years old) from IUI in 2012
    TTC 3rd and final!: IUI #1 in progress!
  • Loading the player...
  • I had no symptoms.  After a BFN at 10dpiui, I went to Lowes and bought a ton of mulch.  Not only did I lift all those bags in and out of my car but I spent 8hr out in the sun working in the yard because I thought that cycle was over.  

I got a BFP at 12piui.  I only tested that day because I wanted to quit taking my progesterone. 

TTC#1 for 19 months with PCOS and MFI IUI#3 + injectables = BFP!!!!  Beta#1-134(13dpiui) Beta #2-392(15dpiui) 
    #1 born December 2011
    TTC#2 - Beta #1 -51@10dpo Beta#2 -1353 @16dpo
    #2 born May 2013
    TTC # 3 June 2014 BFP 12-1-14
    #3 born August 2015 
    #4!!!!!!! due June 2017 
  • laura1laura1 member
    I had a lot of cramping 7dpiui, which was earlier than my usual AF cramps started.  I just thought that AF was coming early, since I had no other symptoms.  13dpiui, when AF still hadn't arrived, I finally POAS and got a BFP.
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've had a moment during the 2ww with each of my pregnancies where a food I love tasted differently to me.  Also, and perhaps it's tmi, at some point my urine smelled different.  I can't remember the specific days though that these things happened, just that they were before 9po because that is when I start testing.

Good luck!

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• I thought the cycle we got pregnant with our DD was a bust until I started feeling really dizzy and blah about 10 days post IUI.  I tested and got a positive at 11 days (two years ago today actually ;).  With both of my pregnancies I've had dizziness and cramping in the beginning.   
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• My boobs were sore from about 6 dpiui and them I got my positive beta at 14dpiui.  Pg symptoms didn't kick in until about 6 weeks.
  • I never had any symptoms before my bfp.  In fact, I did not get a positive pg test, even the night before my beta it came up negative.  I was completely surprised when my beta revealed the pg!  It was at 5 weeks pg that I started feeling symptoms, like bloating, tiredness, and leg pains.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I didn't feel any different.  In fact, I felt cramps just like AF cramps and figured it hadn't worked.  I did test on 11dpiui, just because I had a test at home, and it was very faint but positive.
    Baby Boy born sleeping at 20 weeks.
  • no symptoms,  maybe torward the end of the 2ww my boobs were sore but thats it, even after the 2ww no real symptoms for me...but now I am at 6 weeks and I do have some nausea here and there....
  • JD722JD722 member
    I didn't have any symptoms until 11dpo. I really thought that IUI cycle was a bust because I was ovulating from the side that they coudn't see the tube on my HSG (apparently it really was open!) and hubbys sample was "sluggish" so I wasn't symptom spotting for once.  But 11dpo, I got a BAD cold and my teeth were bleeding when I brushed them, so then I had a feeling it worked!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It was probably the only cycle in my almost four year TTC journey when I didn't feel a thing.  In hindsight I recall peeing more than usual and not having a ton of appetite but at the time I attributed it to the effort to lose the IF weight - I was so convinced that cycle was a bust, and we were going to take a long break after it.  At the time though it really was as symptom free as it gets.
    ***S/PAIFW***TTC since forever ago....

DH-34-MFI-motility+morphology.... Me-32-Hypothyrpid+LPD

7/8/11: Clomid100mg+Ovidrel+IUI#1=BFN

8/2/11: Clomid50mg+Ovidrel+IUI#2=BFFN

8/25/11: Follistim50iu+Ovidrel+IUI#3=BFP!!!!@14dpo

Beta#1 9/8 - 251 Beta#2 9/15 - 1622 Beta#3 9/22 - 12674

1st U/S; heard one beautiful HB of 129 - 9/29/11

OB visit; HB of 166 - 10/13/11

2nd US; HB of 163 - 10/18/11

A/S - 12/9/11 - It's a perfect healthy BOY!!!!

Our miracle baby boy - born 5/24/12

• I got pregnant on my last iui before moving to ivf...I wrote it off before even doing it... I did it and went to Vegas for a few days...I didn't have any symptoms, I felt as if AF was coming....my friend asked me to get a drink after work....so I decided to test....it was 5 days before my beta....I almost died of shock 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers After years of struggling with infertility issues (PCOS since I was 16) and 15 medicated cycles we finally got blessed with our son. We got lucky with our 7th IUI using stims...Now we are back on the roller coaster to try for another miracle..IVF cycle in May resulted in a chemical pregnancy. 2 snowbabies FET 7/16-transferred 2 blastocyst...Faint bfp 4dp5dt! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had pregnancy symptoms every month while ttc- until I saw the BFN :(  I think I was maybe paying a little too close of attention to everything. 

Honestly, I don't think I really felt any symptoms.  The only weird thing I notices was that I was extra gassy.  And, though probably too soon for cravings, I really wanted a fountain Coke from McDonald's on my way home from the RE's office the day I went in for the bloodwork.  A block away the nurse called with the results of the bloodwork to tell me I was pregnant - so no caffeine for me!

*Siggy Warning*

About me  2007: Started TTC. 2008: OB prescribed clomid, went to RE and was Dx with PCOS. 2009: IUI #1 w/follitsim and trigger = BFP. B/G Twins born at 33 weeks. 2012: TTC #3, Round 2 of Letrozole w/TI = BFP, missed m/c at 8 1/2 wks. Currently on the bench as we make plans for a new home. Anxious to start TTC #3 within the next year!

• really light twinges in my abdomen at 12dpiui.   Tested BFP on 13dpiui
    TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • I didn't really have any symptoms except no spotting - normally I would spot before getting my period.  

DD Born 5.9.12

MC March 2016@8.5w

Expecting #2 4/30/17

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Started to feel twinges 6dpIUI

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"