1st Trimester

What's the difference between maternity underwear and normal underwear?

I'm only 8 weeks, so I don't think I'll really need to worry about this for a while, but I was just curious what the difference was? Looking at clothes online, I couldn't really see a difference, so I was a little confused :/

(I'm sorry if this is on the wrong board, I wasn't really sure where to ask lol)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: What's the difference between maternity underwear and normal underwear?

• I don't know what difference is but maternity underwear from Motherhood are the most amazing things I've even put on my ass. Seriously.

I don't know if they're cut fuller or what, but they are awesome. They don't ride up or slide down or roll under because of your belly.

Get some. You won't be sorry!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Your hips grow a lot during pregnancy.  The maternity ones stretch a lot more.

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

• Loading the player...
  • sesigssesigs member
    I just ordered some online for later in pregnancy because I found a great deal. It is hard to see the difference online but they are definitely a fuller cut then regular briefs IMO. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Pregnancy tickers BabyFetus Ticker
  • In my opinion, they are a waste of money. They are expensive, and regular underwear worked fine with my first pregnancy. I wore my normal underwear throughout most of my pregnancy, but in the end I bought a cheap pack of cotton ones from Target. Hanes I think. They were perfect for the last month or so and post-partum. I probably paid less than $10 for a 7 pack. Even in pregnancy, I wasn't into wearing huge granny panties, especially because it was summer and I was living in sundresses.
  • The only time I used maternity underwear in my last pregnancy was late in the pregnancy, and when I needed a thong. I wore regular hip hugger underwear until delivery. The thong maternity underwear was amazing.
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • IMO maternity underwear is a waste. I never outgrew my undies last time, but maybe that's because I wear cotton thongs? Perhaps if you wear bikinis or other underwear that covers more you would need more stretch? Idk. After DD was born I had to rock granny panties and I hated every second of it, lol. 
  • imageMason&Mama:
    In my opinion, they are a waste of money. They are expensive, and regular underwear worked fine with my first pregnancy. I wore my normal underwear throughout most of my pregnancy, but in the end I bought a cheap pack of cotton ones from Target. Hanes I think. They were perfect for the last month or so and post-partum. I probably paid less than $10 for a 7 pack. Even in pregnancy, I wasn't into wearing huge granny panties, especially because it was summer and I was living in sundresses.

This. I never bought them. I think I bought a cheap pack of Hanes that I didn't mind ruining during pp, but I did not have any issues with regular underwear at any point in my pregnancy, this or my first. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I tried the Motherhood ones last time and didn't like them.  I didn't really see any advantage and to be honest they gave me more "wedgies" than my regular undies, so I just stuck with the non-maternity.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTodd&Laura:

imageMason&Mama:
    In my opinion, they are a waste of money. They are expensive, and regular underwear worked fine with my first pregnancy. I wore my normal underwear throughout most of my pregnancy, but in the end I bought a cheap pack of cotton ones from Target. Hanes I think. They were perfect for the last month or so and post-partum. I probably paid less than $10 for a 7 pack. Even in pregnancy, I wasn't into wearing huge granny panties, especially because it was summer and I was living in sundresses.

This. I never bought them. I think I bought a cheap pack of Hanes that I didn't mind ruining during pp, but I did not have any issues with regular underwear at any point in my pregnancy, this or my first. 

Yup!  Cheap pack of Hanes from Target was exactly what I did as well.  Something I didn't mind getting ruined and actually none did.  I don't see the point in paying extra $ for "maternity" if I couldn't feel/see and issue with the regular undies! Wore my normal panties throughout pregnancy and wore the big-uns during healing.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"