Postpartum Depression

Bedtime is brutal for anxiety

My anxiety has been going through the roof at bedtime. I am keeping it in check for the most part during the day. But the minute I hit the pillow it's game over. I have become grateful that DD1 comes into bed with me shortly after I go to bed because then I can relax. So many things go through my mind, what if she's kidnapped and I wake up and she's just gone, what if she falls of her bed and perfectly lines up to hit her head on the corner and gets hurt, what if DD2 stops breathing, what if she's too cold, too hot, the list really goes on and on it's ridiculous. 

Anyone else have it bad at bedtime? Or when is your worst time? 

Re: Bedtime is brutal for anxiety

• cbmp06cbmp06 member
    Bedtime is hard for me too, just like you said with "what if she's too hot/too cold, doesn't wake up, stops breathing" and even trivial stuff now that she is STTN like "what if she wakes up in the middle of the night now? I don't have a bottle ready.  I'll be tired in the morning and won't be able to take care of her properly"... really stupid.  I also have issues at naptime for other reasons like "What if I can't get everything done that I need to get done, what if she doesn't sleep enough, when is she going to wake up"  If I do have everything done and have down time, I just kind of wait for her to wake up, I dont really know what to do with myself :-/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
  • Yes. I have major issues sleeping when DS is asleep if nobody else is home. I go to bed before DH (he works from home and works late) and somehow that takes the pressure off because he takes the baby monitors. But the odd time DH is gone I barely sleep. Our Angelcare helps me a little but not fully. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • imagecbmp06:
    Bedtime is hard for me too, just like you said with "what if she's too hot/too cold, doesn't wake up, stops breathing" and even trivial stuff now that she is STTN like "what if she wakes up in the middle of the night now? I don't have a bottle ready.  I'll be tired in the morning and won't be able to take care of her properly"... really stupid.  I also have issues at naptime for other reasons like "What if I can't get everything done that I need to get done, what if she doesn't sleep enough, when is she going to wake up"  If I do have everything done and have down time, I just kind of wait for her to wake up, I dont really know what to do with myself :-/

I think you and I are living a dual life. One of my other big things the last while has been what if there is a fire? Or super anxiety over whether our carbon monoxide detectors are working.  

• cbmp06cbmp06 member

The fire thing bothers me too, although strangely more with our dog which probably seems SO dumb but when we leave I always think "what if there is a fire, she won't be able to get out of her crate!"

The past couple of weeks here it has been really hot, and I have no idea how to dress DD at night.  Our AC even broke for a couple of days and I was in a panic.  I went in her room so many times to check to make sure it wasn't too stifling hot.  Ugh.  I know how you feel.  <3

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
  • I check on my LO at least 3 times while I'm getting ready for bed. I can't go to sleep without checking on him and making sure he's good. It sucks.
    Married 02.06.10
    DS1 born 11.19.11
    DS2 born 07.02.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Bedtime. That and the middle of the night if I wake up. I can feel myself starting to worry and freak out. Uggh I hate it.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh yeah the middle of the night is terrible. 

Today I was over the top anxious because DD keeps getting this insane rash on her face when she is getting overheated. We are in a bit of a heat wave here. I realize it is likely just a heat rash but my mind won't rest! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"