Pregnant after a Loss
Options

baby announcement after loss

Hello wondering if anyone waited until after the week of their last pregnancy loss to make the announcement that you're expecting again? I miscarried at 14 wks with my last pregnancy and i've been having anxiety about telling my employer/coworkers and extended family for fear of having to explain if something happens. I'm currently 11 weeks and it's getting harder to hide. Open to any advice

Re: baby announcement after loss

• Options
    I told my boss and our parents after our first u/s at 7w. I only told my boss this because he was very supportive during our loss and I didn't want to tell him we were pregnant and I needed time off in the same conversation if anything happened. Everyone else I waited until after our NT scan.
    We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I had my loss at 10 weeks (baby stopped growing at 6) so this time around, we waited till I was 10 weeks (worst 6 weeks of my life!) and had an ultrasound.  Once we knew baby was OK we told just my fam.  (managed to wrap up the pics for dads bday) about a week or so later we told DH's fam.  But we ONLY told family.  Didn't tell friends till after I was 13 weeks (even my closets ones) and didn't tell work till after my 15 week appt and heard the HB again. 

when we told our families they all kinda figured I was pg again (I was 8 weeks at xmas and wasn't drinking...) but they all respected and figured wed tell them when we were ready. 

I say tell em when you feel ready.  might be a while longer, but thats ok.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    A lot of people didn't find out I was pg till after Grace was born. It became a joke to H and I. My boss was actually one of the first to find out around 14-15 weeks, I think it was. Our parents didn't find out till about 19 weeks and the ONLY reason they found out that early was bc I had a graduation I really wanted to go to that I was going to see my mom. I could have avoided them much longer than 19 weeks.
    BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • Options

We didn't tell ANYONE until after the NT scan. Then it was just DH's parents. We waited until after the A/S to tell my parents and people I see on a regular basis. We still aren't "out" to everyone though. And we won't be "out" on FB until after he is born and alive and healthy. 

Im probably not much help, sorry 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    linz85linz85 member

I told my Mom ( and obviously DH) right away due to her being a huge support system. I told a few of our closest friends after our first ultrasound came back okay.

We waited to tell everyone else after our NT Scan/at 13 weeks.   

My advice is to take it a day at a time and as you feel comfortable. My boss and coworkers knew way before I actually told them just because they figured it out, but I still didn't confirm anything until I knew all was okay. 

**All WELCOME!**
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    BFP 1 4/2010 M/C 5/1/2010 8w2d EDD 12/10/10 BFP 2 5/5/2011 C/P?? 5/14/2011 5w2d EDD 01/12/12 BFP 3 3/12/2012 EDD 11/23/12 Ultrasound 4/11/12 H/B 160bpm! It's a GIRL!
    BabyName Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Our loss was at 36.5 weeks last time

I am 6.5 weeks now, and a handful of friends know. I will tell my boss after 12 weeks because they will need to plan for my leave. Other than that, everyone else can figure out I am PG when my belly gets big.

Loving my Little Bird (DD 3), Missing my Monkey Butt (DS) and Hoping for my Rainbow - due 2/17/13
  • Options
    Thank you all for the advice, I have my next OB appt next week and have decided to tell my employer after that. I am already showing so if asked I will acknowledge.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"