Pregnant after 35
Options

38 and starting over

Hey everyone.  I just found out a week ago that I'm pregnant for the third time.  I have two boys, ages 15 and 12, so I get to start all over again!  Is there anyone else out there in this situation?  I'd love to chat with you.
Jules

Re: 38 and starting over

• Options
    I didn't get started until I was 34 and I am now pregnant with #2 at 37.  SO not in the same boat but wanted to say congrats and welcome!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm going to be starting over at age 40, although my children are younger than yours. I have a 9-year-old and 6-year-old, and I thought I was done having kids. I have never wanted a third child, so I can't say that this pregnancy has been a welcome surprise. I am getting used to the idea, and I do know that this is really a blessing... but I'm still having a hard time getting my head around it!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the welcome Kat1221!   It will all work out 3rdat40.  I have always wanted 3 children, so I'm very excited!  I hope to meet some nice people on here.  Good luck to you both!

Jules
  • Options

Congratulations!!  I am kinda in the same boat.  I am 39 and have a 6 year old.  I was getting divorced after a  15 year marriage and decided to get ablation.  A year later I started dating someone and thought it wasn't possible to get pregnant after ablation.  Boy was I wrong!!

Good luck and PM me if you wanna chat! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    EDD: 06/25/2006  M/C: 11/03/2005
    EDD: 04/08/2012  M/C: 09/03/2011
    EDD: 12/27/2012  Born Sleeping: 07/19/2012
    EDD: 12/07/2013  M/C 05/30/2013 & 05/31/2013
    EDD:  07/01/2016 Born sleeping: 03/02/2016

• Options

Welcome and congrats!  I'm 37 and me DH is 48.  My DS just turned 17 last weekend and my SS is 19.  I definitely have my 'what was I thinking' moments but ultimately we are so excited....especially since we are expecting a girl!!  We can't wait for her to get here.  I have to say this pregnancy is a LOT different being 17 yrs older, or maybe I just can't remember that far back.  ;-) Good luck to you!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Can someone fill me in?  What are DH, DS, SS, etc.?  I'm really trying to understand.  
    Jules
  • Options

DH = dear husband

DS = dear son

DD = dear daughter

SS = step son

There's also MIL = mother in law, etc., etc.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm with ya!!!  I'm 36, getting ready to turn 37. I have a 16 year old and I am almost 19 weeks pregnant!!  Talk about a shock!!  But we are so excited!!  Congrats!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am in the same boat for sure...My DS will be 12 in august! I am 37 now ( 38 when I deliver in Feb). Can't belive how much stuff has changed! I am only 5w5 and go in for my first "confirmation" apppt on 7/5
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I am 40 and my oldest son just turned 20, my yougest son is 3/12 and we are having a girl in Dec!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My daughter is almost 12 and I am 7 weeks pregnant with my second--also at 38.  It's exhilarating, but scary.
  • Options

Thanks for filling me in on the abbreviations!

Jules
  • Options
    Congrats to you too JoyHerbie2011!
    Jules
  • Options

lanesmommy, I will be delivering in February as well!  I'm 7 weeks and one day.  I had a confirmation appointment already where they did the urine test and I had a consultation with the nurse.  I go on 7/5 for my first doctor's appointment.  I wonder if they're going to do and ultrasound.  I sure hope so!

Jules
  • Options

Congratulations TTsmomma!

Jules
  • Options

superkatynfragilistic, we are only one day apart and the same age!  I'm so excited!  Good luck in your pregnancy!

Jules
  • Options
    I'm 35 and TTC w/ the love of my life!  Never thought I would have this opportunity. DS is 10 and DD is 7.  Finger's crossed. Congrats to you!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you mccall0113.  Best of luck to you!
    Jules
  • Options

Same here!! 37 ( will be 38 when baby is born) and am almost 16 weeks pregnant. I have a 10 (almost 11) year old and a 9 year old. This pregnancy was quite a surprise! My NTS came back high risk and I have an amnio appt today. I just want to enjoy this pregnancy but everytime I try there are more tests lurking around the corner.

Good luck to you all!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have 4 children, 17, 15, 11, and 6...Not starting over by a lot but for sure SUPER HAPPY!!!  Congrats to you :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Sad news ladies:

I miscarried this past week.  I was terribly upset when I found out on Tuesday that I was likely going to miscarry.  By Thursday, when everything was happening, I had been able to come to terms with it and I'm moving on now.  I must say that I have a wonderful support system or else I'd be devastated right now.  Fortunately for me, everyone has seemed to say the exact right thing at the exact right time.  I am at peace! 

Jules
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"