Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Who wipes?

Maybe weird question, but - DD3 has been potty trained for months. However, DH or I go in there with her when she poops, because she wants us to wipe.  Do you still wipe your child?  If so, any idea of when they are old enough to do it themselves?

Re: Who wipes?

• Options
    JCMJCM member
    DD turned 3 just over a month ago. We've been potty training for a while but she's really gotten it all down including night time about a month ago.  I still wipe her for poo & she has no interest in even wiping herself for pee so I wind up doing it 75% of the time too.  She'd gladly just pull up her panties and go on her merry way.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I just worry that she'll catch something, (because she's not wiping good enough) if I stop wiping her too soon - like a yeast infection or rash.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I still help her wipe, but only after she poops.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    la79alla79al member
    I pretty much stopped wiping entirely 2 months after she turned 3.  She had it down herself and I wanted her to be independent for preschool. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers 
                             Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Once my son was potty trained he did all the wiping himself.
    Hawaii
  • Options
    KL777KL777 member
    DS wipes his own self without a "round two" from mommy or daddy.  I think he's been doing that since he was around 3.25.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Options

I'm so glad I found this post! I have a 3.5 year old son. And we still wipe for him. I'm not sure how to get the wiping himself ball rolling. Sad, I know. Esp. since. I have 6 year old daughter as well and all of this was easy for me to do with her. Maybe because she, as a female has to wipe all the time? IDK. But with my son, I'm finding it a difficult thing.

Let me be clear, it's me, not him. I haven't even tried to teach him. LOL! Maybe that's where I should start. Ok, so I've talked myself into it just from writing here. Today, we begin our Wipe Myself Journey.

Thanks for the post. Wishing you much success on your journey.

Miracles and Blessings!

Miracles & Blessings, Just Me... www.simplycomplicatedthatsjustme.blogspot.com BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DD is still potty training but she wipes herself at daycare really well, she just doesn't seem to care at home. 

Last night I had to wipe pee for her because she just seemed to shove the toilet paper between her legs and not even really wipe.  She's still not regularly using the potty for BM, but I was thinking maybe getting some wet wipes would help a bit when she does.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I've been wondering this.. DS is 4 years and still needs us to wipe. He'll have to learn before kindy is what I'm aiming for.
  • Options
    I used to never....then started occasionally when I knew he was pooping because he was getting really messy.  And now I have to because he broke his right arm (the one he uses).  He just turned 5 yesterday.  Um, he'd better get it this year when his arm heals! lol
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"