Military Families

Infertility Consults

Have any of you gone through the  infertility program in the military? How was your experience??

Re: Infertility Consults

• i am now at portsmouth naval before i got to get all my fertility treatment at yale. what do you want to know

Married 11/27/09 and TTC right away
    Dx: Complete septate uterus with cervical duplication, endometrial polyps, PCOS, endometriosis, hypo thyroid, luteal phase defect
    4 uterus surgeries to correct my complete septum and to remove polyps and 2 years of seeing the RE, medicated cycles and IUIs
    Baby 1 and 2: BFP 3/3/11 with 2 babies EDD 11/1/11, M/C 4/6/11
    Baby #3: 8/11 pregnant EDD 4/27/11 and m/c:(
    Baby #4: 10/12/11 BFP! EDD 6/16/12m/c 10/26/11
    Baby #5: 3/13/12 BFP! EDD 11/25/12 ANOTHER m/c :(

Baby #6: 2/14/13- BFP! EDD 10/24/13, CP 2/19/13
    Baby #7: 3/15/13- BFP! EDD 11/27/13, another CP
    Baby #8.  BFP 5/19/13 EDD 1/22/14. 8 was not our lucky number

4th septum resection on 5/31/13.
    Baby #9: 6/29/13 BFP. C section scheduled for March 5th!

My miracle baby was born March 5 at 9:33am. He was 8 lbs 12.5 oz and 21.25 inches long!

image"">

• I've been going through infertility treatments for 3 1/2 years now. I'm currently seeing an RE at Womack. No complaints on treatment other than the obvious fact that I still have no living children. Any specific questions?
    TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
    4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
    Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
    Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
    IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
    FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
    IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.
  • Loading the player...
  • Just how your journey has been so far....the ups and downs, the financial cost if you havent been successful yet. Any problems with tricare. Things like that. We have only gone to the class before our initial appointment. The DH is pcsing in two months and we are considering banking his sperm so I can continue seeking treatment till I can join him next year.
  • Well we did 5 IUIs and 1 IVF so far in addition to 7 rounds of Clomid - spaced out over a period of a little over 3 years. 2 pregnancies but 2 miscarriages.

Fort Bragg has an on-post RE, which is rare and thankfully most of our meds have been covered by a grant so I've only paid OOP for a few meds over the past 3 years or so. We banked sperm last year so I could continue with IUIs while my husband was deployed. Cryopreservation cost us a little over $500 forr a year. Unfortunately, all attempts were negative.

I've had no issue with Tricare covering appointments or blood work. We paid OOP for sperm washing for all IUIs and for everything related to IVF minus my stim medication. I paid about $8,000 for a fresh IVF cycle and will be paying about $2,000 for FET. 

For myself, the journey has been long and hard but my doctor and his staff has been great. I hope your journey isn't nearly as long as mine. If you have any more questions, let me know.

TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
    4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
    Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
    Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
    IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
    FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
    IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.
  • Took us 5 years to get to this point, we started in Hawaii, transfered to VA, and then to CA, where we got our Miracle finally!

If you have any questions I would be glad to answer you in a PM... Let me know!

Good Luck! It was a long and very bumpy road for us!

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• I did at WR. There are good people there leading it, but you deal with a lot of residents who know very little often, which is frustrating. In general though, they are fine. However, when I was a bit more complicated and not responding as they wanted to oral meds plus a few injections, they started pushing me toward IVF very quickly which I was uncomfortable with (they don't do IUIs as often). So I sought approval for a second opinion and treatment with a civilian practictioner through Tricare, and was approved through that. I would have gone back to WR if I needed to do IVF.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"