Birth Stories

Our med free/home birth story from this morning...

I'm not a regular/never post on this board, but I do enjoy reading the stories so I thought I'd post mine!I had been having timeable BH's all day yesterday off and on and felt like something was up. Last night I woke up about 12:30am (after going to bed only 2 hours earlier) to contractions that were coming every 5-6 minutes. They definitely felt like the real deal so I woke up DH and told him to start filling the tub. We labored for an hour before calling our midwife team to inform them that labor had started, but told them we'd give them another call when we wanted them to head our way. At about 4:30am contractions were about 1.5-2 minutes apart and lasting between 40 seconds to a little over a minute, so we called them back and told them to come. We also texted my parents to be on standby to pick up DD when she woke up for the morning (usually about 7:30am). Midwives came, set up, we continued laboring with contractions getting stronger. Around 5:45am I hit transition and began having very painful contractions and threw up, but I knew these contractions were seriously dilating me a ton and I wasn't far off from the pushing stage. I wanted to do most, if not all, my laboring outside the tub because I felt better being able to walk/move between a contraction then push in the tub when need be. Well I hit that stage with a vengeance! At about 6:30 I started feeling the urge to push and I wanted to sit on the toilet before getting in the tub. I had two pushing contractions while on the toilet...these hurt! I then made it to the tub, had 4 really REALLY strong painful pushing contractions and DS's head came. The final push was for his shoulders and it was worse than his head by far! In between his and and shoulders coming out I kept saying, "I don't want his head going back in there, I do not want it going back in there!!!" Midwives and DH thought this was hilarious because, obviously, he wasn't going back inside! Everything went fast (as it did with DD), but I had no tearing and very little blood loss. I can't believe how much less pain I am than I was with DD...and so glad to already be home in our own bed!Declan James was born at 6:58am, chunky, pink, and crying! He was born with a full head of black hair, which is crazy because DD was a baldy at birth and now has totally blonde hair! He weighed 8 pounds 4oz and is 20 inches long.Sorry no pics (I'll try later), but he is doing so great and nursing like a champ! The timing couldn't have worked out more perfectly because DD woke up half an hour after he was born and was able to meet her baby brother! When she got to see him she just kept kissing him and repeating, "he came out of mama's tummy!" So sweet! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Our med free/home birth story from this morning...

• Congrats, you must be recovering well if you're bumping right after having a baby! Best of luck to you and your newest addition to your family!
    Me- 35 Dx endo; DH- 33 no probs.
    BFP#1 (totally a wonderful surprise)- 3/10/11. IUFD 6/25/11. 
    TTC since 8/2011.
    BFP#2- 11/1/11. EDD 7/6/12. Blighted ovum 12/1/11.

New OBGYN 12/2012- CD3 labs, SA, HSG normal. 
    First RE appt 1/16/2013. Unexplained infertility. Lap planned. 

12/2012- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN 
    1/2013- Clomid 50mg + TI= BFN.

Lap 2/11/2013- Removed endo. 

3/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    4/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN
    5/2013- Clomid + IUI= BFN

June 2013- Time for a new RE!

July 2013- We're in Shared Risk! Love my new RE!
    August 2013- IVF#1- 14 R, 11F, transferred 1 perfect blast, 5 day 5 frosties= BFN.
    Sept 2013- Let's get ready for FET October 7th ish!< transfer 2 embies 10/11/13.......BFP 10/18/13!!!!/div>

PAIF/SAIF and everyone is welcome. If I can make even one person's journey less painful, I will consider my experience here successful. Thank you to all for sharing their stories, the intimate details of their lives, their knowledge, and their hearts. I hope this experience changes me, always for the better.
  • Congrats! Thank you for sharing your story!
    Julie... Mommy to a beautiful baby girl & 2 handsome boys!! image. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congratulations!!!  Thanks for sharing your story. 
    imageimage
    Me(32) + DH(32) TTC #1 since Dec 2011
    RE consult Dec 2012, diagnosed with lean PCOS (didn't see that coming!)  medicated cycles 1 - 4 = BFN
    cycle 5 - metformin, femara 7.5mg, IUI #1, progesterone = BFP!!!
    beta #1 (13dpiui) 37, beta #2 (15dpiui) 104, u/s at 6w5d hb of 115
  • What a wonderful experience! Congrats on your sweet lil boy and can't wait to see pics :) Good job mama!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It takes a special amount of bitch to induce menstruation in another person. - LovelyRitaMeterMaid

Rap Roller
  • Congrats! Such a great story!

Me: 32 DH: 31.
    B/W: good. SA: good.
    November 2012: Paratubal cyst found during U/S.
    January 10, 2013: Lap removed paratubal cyst and Stage 2 Endometriosis. 
    3 cycles of Femara + TI = BFNs

June 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 37.5 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFN

July 2013: Femara 2.5 mg, Gonal F Injects 75 IU, Menopur, trigger + IUI = BFP!!!!

Beta 1 @ 11 DPIUI = 76. Progesterone = 27.3

BFP 8/16/2013 // EDD 4/28/2014

Jordan Samuel born April 19, 2014. 6 lb, 12 oz and 18 inches long.

CLICK ME!!!11!!1111!!

• congrats! thanks for sharing :)
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Congrats! Thanks for sharing!
    imageimage imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
  • thanks for sharing!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"