Special Needs
Options

Independence Day Brags!!!

Post those small or large forays towards independence!
WAY 2 Cool 4 School

Re: Independence Day Brags!!!

• Options

Peyton has been doing some timed voiding.  She doesn't know she has to go but if we tell her to sit down and go, she is able to go after a small amount of coaxing.  This is great because it allows us to be able to do urine samples WITHOUT cathing and lets us know that at some point she may be able to fully potty train!

M had an EI re-eval and for cognitive she was scattered 15-18 months.  This is awesome because both H & I were concerned but it turns out  she just seems delayed in that area because she is SO quiet (as in nothing comes out of her mouth at all hardly).   

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Options
    imagerealisticdreams:

Peyton has been doing some timed voiding.  She doesn't know she has to go but if we tell her to sit down and go, she is able to go after a small amount of coaxing.  This is great because it allows us to be able to do urine samples WITHOUT cathing and lets us know that at some point she may be able to fully potty train!

M had an EI re-eval and for cognitive she was scattered 15-18 months.  This is awesome because both H & I were concerned but it turns out  she just seems delayed in that area because she is SO quiet (as in nothing comes out of her mouth at all hardly).   

Both of these are great, but the first one makes me so happy for you both!

It was a big week for us. We went to the OBX, NC for our first out-of-state vacation in years, and spent the week with DH's family. The girls did awesome with travel -- even with being stuck in Newark airport for 10 hours on our way out. DD1 was such a trooper!

While we were there, Sophie learned to swim! She'd been practicing with a swim vest, but her first time in the pool there, she said she wanted to swim without it and immediately started trying. By the end of the week she had a pretty solid dog-paddle down for short distances! And she loved the beach and the ocean, and playing in the waves. She did so well with everything -- the new places, new people, new experiences. She didn't really care for sharing her toys with half a dozen cousins, so we had a few bumps there; but overall, I was so impressed with her. :)

Yesterday she started saying her "L" sounds -- not consistently, but she did it when prompted and some on her own. That's a big step forward for her speech!

Last night we went to a fireworks show and she loved it. DH has been home a lot the past two weeks because of the 4th and our vacation, and it has just been such fun to spend all this time together. 

DD1, 1/5/2008 ~~~ DD2, 3/17/2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Even though he still woke up 4 times last night, we didn't have to take him out of the crib to rock him.  Just patted him back to sleep.  That's pretty huge for my terrible little sleeper!  
  • Options
    imagelite-bright:
    imagerealisticdreams:

Both of these are great, but the first one makes me so happy for you both!

It was a big week for us. We went to the OBX, NC for our first out-of-state vacation in years, and spent the week with DH's family. The girls did awesome with travel -- even with being stuck in Newark airport for 10 hours on our way out. DD1 was such a trooper!

While we were there, Sophie learned to swim! She'd been practicing with a swim vest, but her first time in the pool there, she said she wanted to swim without it and immediately started trying. By the end of the week she had a pretty solid dog-paddle down for short distances! And she loved the beach and the ocean, and playing in the waves. She did so well with everything -- the new places, new people, new experiences. She didn't really care for sharing her toys with half a dozen cousins, so we had a few bumps there; but overall, I was so impressed with her. :)

Yesterday she started saying her "L" sounds -- not consistently, but she did it when prompted and some on her own. That's a big step forward for her speech!

Last night we went to a fireworks show and she loved it. DH has been home a lot the past two weeks because of the 4th and our vacation, and it has just been such fun to spend all this time together. 

Wow- our brags are similar! We also had the BEST 4th of July in YEARS! DS was totally easy come easy go. Last year we had to leave the parade because he was in sensory meltdown, but this year he happily sat through the whole thing (2 hours!). He loved every minute. We had a scare overnight when he woke up covered in vomit, but it turned out to be just from the heat and he rebounded quickly. We spent the entire day on the water boating, swimming and tubing (he and I went on the tube behind the boat full speed and he loved it!), and he played with some family members he rarely sees. I had a perma-grin the whole vacation and am already planning our next one! Oh- and we went camping last weekend for the first time and he loved that too!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"