Special Needs

5 year old Autistic boy found ALIVE in WI!!!

Hi all,

Yesterday in Prescott, WI, a 5-year-old severely  autistic boy wandered away from his home out in the corn fields in 100+ heat wearing only shorts.

I learned about it on the news last night before bed, felt horrible, and couldn't sleep.  Woke early today and drove out there to help in the search.  I was on the bus to be taken out to the field to search when word came that he had been found!  Dehydrated, mosquito bitten, but well!

One of the searchers dogs sniffed him out- huddled by a tree, 30 yards from a steep drop into the St. Croix river.

I had tears all morning long out the incredible turnout by volunteers- at least 500 this a.m.  

Poor little guy...we couldn't have asked for a better outcome.  As we waited to get signed in, briefed, and such, there was talk about how if we didn't find him today, we'd most likely have a sad ending to the story.  It's another 100 degree scorcher here.

I love when great things happen!  Happy 4th! 

Re: 5 year old Autistic boy found ALIVE in WI!!!

• Glad the story had a happy ending! It's great you were able to try to volunteer to help.
  • This happened in VA in the past year.  I think the little boy was gone close to if not over a week and found in a rock quary.  

They make these bracelets that you can put on children with autism and adults with dementia or Alzheimer's and it's a free service.  WHY they don't advertise this or give dr's info about it is beyond me.  It's a locator type device and 911 can usually locate them and pick them up within 30 mins of the call.

So glad he is safe & kudos to you for helping out!  

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• Loading the player...
  • Free gps bracelet? Link please???
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagechangingnames:
    Free gps bracelet? Link please???

Ditto. Link please!

• That is wonderful news! Way to go for volunteering, too! :)
  • I was so glad he was found alive, and bless you for driving out there to help search. Many prayers however to the family of Jeremiah Conn, the other 5 yr old Wisconsin boy with autism who wandered away yesterday and was found in a retention pond last night.
    Michelle
    3 boys (15, 8, 6), 1 girl (4)
  • in RE to the locator bracelets:

I know in WV it was ran through the state police dept, I think that is the case in VA as well but I can't find the NAME of the company.  So, I would try the local state police barracks and if they are clueless try the local sheriffs office, I'm going to contact the person I know here & there who has it to get the real name. 

ETA: https://www.projectlifesaver.org/ 

DD1(4):VSD & PFO (Closed!), Prenatal stroke, Mild CP, Delayed pyloric opening/reflux, Brachycephaly & Plagiocephaly, Sacral lipoma, Tethered spinal cord, Compound heterozygous MTHFR, Neurogenic bladder, Urinary retention & dyssynergia, incomplete emptying, enlarged Bladder with Poor Muscle Tone, EDS-Type 3. Mito-Disorder has been mentioned

DD2(2.5): Late term premie due to PTL, low fluid & IUGR, Reflux, delayed visual maturation, compound heteroygous MTHFR, PFAPA, Bilateral kidney reflux, Transient hypogammaglobulinemia, EDS-Type 3

• WHAT!!!  

omg, I cannot believe I didn't hear this on the news.  Why is one story aired and not another.  I fear I know the answer now after looking it up...

That is so weird (two autistic boys, same day, same state) and so sad for the family... 

• imageMichelleWP:
    I was so glad he was found alive, and bless you for driving out there to help search. Many prayers however to the family of Jeremiah Conn, the other 5 yr old Wisconsin boy with autism who wandered away yesterday and was found in a retention pond last night.

My heart just breaks... 

• imageJcrab:

imageMichelleWP:
    I was so glad he was found alive, and bless you for driving out there to help search. Many prayers however to the family of Jeremiah Conn, the other 5 yr old Wisconsin boy with autism who wandered away yesterday and was found in a retention pond last night.

My heart just breaks... 

Ditto. Prayers for the family.

• imagetorrey111:

WHAT!!!  

omg, I cannot believe I didn't hear this on the news.  Why is one story aired and not another.  I fear I know the answer now after looking it up...

That is so weird (two autistic boys, same day, same state) and so sad for the family... 

I was so disappointed with the news stations in Minnesota not covering that other little boy. I only found out about it because I googled it the second I woke up yesterday to see if he had been found and kept coming up with headlines. Very happy he was found, but feel awful for the other little boy. Need to get my kid in swim lessons stat. And get a lock for our privacy fence gate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"