Cloth Diapering

fish tank ammonia remover?

which kind?  how much do you use in a top loader?

i have done a hot water strip, and a dawn strip, and a calgon strip and i swear the stink is worse.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: fish tank ammonia remover?

• RLR.  I JUST stripped my dipes because of ammonia and it worked wonders.
  • I tried the fish tank remover...and it didn't work. It did remove some of the ammonia, but not all of it. I bought some RLR to try next. 

We used I think 30ml? It was 3 cap fulls. And I let everything soak for a good while. 

• Loading the player...
  • imageGilene2011:

We used I think 30ml? It was 3 cap fulls. And I let everything soak for a good while. 

You were supposed to follow the directions on the cap. This is *way* more than you needed, and might be why it didn't work. More is not always better.

I use the recommended amount on the bottle, which was ~1st or 2nd line on the cap. Warm water soak for a couple of hours, then a rinse and then a regular wash.

Good luck! 

• imagepixy_stix:
    imageGilene2011:

You were supposed to follow the directions on the cap. This is *way* more than you needed, and might be why it didn't work. More is not always better.

I use the recommended amount on the bottle, which was ~1st or 2nd line on the cap. Warm water soak for a couple of hours, then a rinse and then a regular wash.

Good luck! 

Yeah I went and pulled out the bottle and realized I must have been thinking about something else I was doing.  We only used one cap full which was 10ml for a super sized load.  One load for covers and one load for the inserts. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"