Detroit Babies

New mom groups?

Just moved here from other side of state, bought a house in Shelby Twp.  I am expecting my first baby Oct. 15th, a little boy :)  Looking for mom groups - ways to make new friends, etc... any ideas?

Re: New mom groups?

• I belong to a few mom groups on meetup.com and some of them are pretty active.  I don't do much with them but everyone seems to have a good time.  We moved here about 2 years ago from another state so I know what it's like to have to make new friends.  It's hard! lol
  • meetup.com is a great place to start.  Also your local public library will have storytime for infants.  Storytime at this age is more for the moms then the babies.  It's a great place to meet other moms with babies the same age and it's free.  Also if you attend church, some churches will have mom groups.  Also check out your Parks and Recreation Dept.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm in Washington Townships with a 1 year old. We have a mom group that gets together in the area. Mostly 1 year olds, but a few with 2 month olds. Let me know if you're interested. kcaralis @ mac.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"