Georgia Babies

Oh, I am sorry are we disturbing you??

I am at my witts end here on day 4 of the great IL vacation. DH was smart enough to take them out to dinner with C last night and leave me home alone with the baby. That was blissful. This morning DH is sleeping b/c we were both up consoling a gassy newborn. C got up at 7am. I had to get up to feed B. ILs are still sleeping at 9:15, despite the screaming baby and back talking 4 yr old vying for attention, being very loud. MIL just got up and closed her door all the way. Oh I am sorry, are we bothering you? The lack of help with C when my hands are full is astounding. DH has today off only and I just heard his alarm clock go off so luckily he will be up in a few but seriously ILs? I hope they are enjoying their 'vacation' I miss my mom and dad. They were so amazingly helpful. 
Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Oh, I am sorry are we disturbing you??

• Wow.  Well on the up side of things they will be gone soon right?

My poor DH has to work today. :(  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • wuhhoowuhhoo member
    Ugh. Sounds a lot like how my IL's can be. They're fine just sitting on the couch while we're busily working around them. My family always had the rule, everyone pitches in. We have a LO on the way and my MIL said, I'll visit when the baby comes but I'm not sure I'll be much help. Um, really? That's what you have to say?
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been thinking about you and wondering how it's going. Sorry but it will be over soon, right? And then you won't have to see them again till Christmas....happy thoughts?! 

And at that point, I would be starting every appliance I could and having Colin turn up the TV with a super annoying kids show. :) 

I hope they leave soon!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Bless your heart, I hope you survived yesterday.  If they continue to sleep in crank up the loudest kid show you can find. 
  • I would have gone to the closed door, knocked and said "oh good, you are up!  If you can hold the baby just two minutes, I will start the coffee...." and passed the baby over, grabbed C by the hand for a good old fashioned time out followed by a come to Jesus and then gotten the house up for the day with a big fat pot of joe.  Over coffee say, "you know I heard of some great sales at MOG, now I'm not up for it after the night we just had but it would be so wonderful if you could take C for a couple hours this morning.  He just LOVES the splash pad....here's my keys!!"

• Ridiculous!  I'm so sorry you have to deal with that on top of a newborn :(

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"