North Carolina Babies

Update

We went back Monday for a repeat ultreasound and there was no heartbeat and the baby measured 5 weeks 6 days. We decided to do a d&c ad they were able to do it yesterday afternoon. Everything went fine and I haven't had much cramping yet. I am suppose to leave Friday for a 9 day work trip, which 4 of the days are traveling on a bus and I can't decide if I should go. My boss said it was up to me and either way was fine. I am really More worried about the emotional part of it. For those of you who have been through something like this do you think you would have been ok leaving your dh and ds for so long right after? I am afraid I will get there and be very emotional and be miserable.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Update

• lrw327lrw327 member

I am so sorry:( I have had two M/C's, both at 7 wks, and in both the baby stopped growing at 5 wks. Just curious though, why would you need a D&C? I never needed one with either of mine, they just passed naturally. I was told by my doc that usually you don't need one if its before 8 or 9 wks.

I don't think I'd want to go on the trip for the reasons you mentioned, that sounds hard all the way around!:( Hugs, best of luck, and T&P!!:)

• Sorry to hear! :(  There's nothing really to say that will make it better, but know that you're in my thoughts.

I think it totally depends on you. With my first m/c, I wanted to throw myself into work right away to move past it. With the 2nd, I needed some time off for emotional healing. 

PP- Not all m/c pass naturally, even if they are early. I've had several patients who have waited them out for weeks & weeks, only to end up with a d&c. I passed my first naturally, but with my second chose to have a d&c. The d&c was a far easier recovery. Plus having DD at home, it was quite difficult having the first one at home and trying to act normal for her, while going through such a traumatic thing... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry for your loss. I've had 3 losses, 2 of them m/c's and had d&E's, the third was ectopic. I was back at work fairly quickly with all of them, physically I was fine. Iwas pretty OK emotionally as well, so probably would have been fine travelling.  I wanted to get my mind off of it honestly.
    M/C #1 BFP 5/26/08, missed m/c discovered 9w1d (blighted ovum) M/C #2 BFP 11/19/08, missed m/c discovered at 12w1d (triploidy) BFP!! 3/27 Due date 12/5/09 Benjamin Tate is here! Born 12-1-09, 9lbs 5oz, 22" via C-Section M/C #3: d/x ectopic, methotrexate given 2/11 BFP!! 7/12, due 3-21-12
  • So so sorry.

I had a m/c last year and it was an emotional roller coaster for a while. After 3 weeks my DH took me on a day trip to the beach which was a nice distraction and a healing trip.

Physically I bled/cramped for a week and a half afterward so you might not feel up to traveling anyway. Just take it slow and only you know if you feel up to it. Hugs.

• So sorry to hear of your loss.  I had a MC in May, and a D&E in June.  I needed to get back to work to have something to focus on besides the loss. 

However, it's what YOU need/want.  If you think you need that time and you said your boss was ok with it, then take it.  Nobody can really tell you what's best for you in the situation except for you. 

HUGS. It's a hard place to be. Again, I'm sorry for your loss. If you need to talk to somebody let me know...
    image AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***Baby #3: BFP Mother

• Im so sorry to hear this. May hugs your way. 

I have not had any exp with your situation before so I cant comment but I think taking whatever time you need to recover is going to be whats best for you all.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"