Babies: 9 - 12 Months

DS sleeps on his face! Ughh! What to do!?

My 6 month old is put to sleep on his back every night like I"m supposed to be within 3 seconds of being put down he is on his tummy, butt in the air, knees up under him and forehead resting on his hands-face down!!  This scares the crap out of me but I don't know what to do about it! I roll him over and he either refuses to roll over so that I have to literally lift him up and put him on his back and/or he immediately rolls right back the same way.  Does anyone else's kid do this?  I keep hearing htat SIDS could be connected with babies rebreathing the carbon dioxide they exhale and this seems like a pretty good way to do that.  I read the study about keeping a fan going to circulate the air and I try to make sure he sleeps with a paci since those two lower SIDS risk but still-I don't get much sleep b/c I'm constantly worrying if he's breathing or not.  Suggestions welcome!  (And no, he won't cooperate with a sleep positioner unfortunately.)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: DS sleeps on his face! Ughh! What to do!?

• DS has been sleeping on his tummy since he was 4 weeks old.  At first, it freaked me out, but it was the only way he would sleep more than 30 minutes at a time. 

I think they tell you that once they can pick up their heads & roll over, you shouldn't worry about it.

• Is he able to roll over. If so, he is fine!
  • Loading the player...
  • DS does this also and if I try to reposition him he goes right back.  He started doing this around 3 months or so and led us to getting an Angelcare monitor.  It was the only was I'd feel comfortable at night.  However, at that age, DS had a hard time rolling back over or turning his head side to side.  At 6 months your son should have no problem with those skills.  The fan and pacifier are a good idea and hopefully he outgrows this soon.  We still use our Angelcare monitor although we probably don't need it.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"