Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Screaming - Puking - Not Happy - Help

Ok....I was EBF and switched to EP.  DD took the bottle fine for a week.  She will go to daycare in August and I am slowly switching her to formula.  I gave myself the month of July to perfect this before daycare.  

DS is a happy baby normally.  This last week when I started adding formula (about 1 part formula to 2 parts breastmilk) and she changed completely.  Yelling, screaming, crying before and after feedings and sometimes inbetween.  She has been been puking/spitting up about 1/3 of what she eats.  Yesterday she was a bit dehydrated (no wet diapers in over 4 hours).  Yesterday and today I wanted to see if the problem was formula or breastmilk.  She puked out her formula-only-bottle.  Then I gave her a breastmilk-only-bottle and she spit quite a bit of this up.  

I want my happy baby back.  HELP! I am using regular Enfamil formula, but today bought Enfamil AR to see if it would help.  Still puking.  I am calling the doc on Monday but I would love suggestions to get me though Sunday.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Screaming - Puking - Not Happy - Help

• You may need to try a sensitive or gentle formula first since she is use to bm. I tried the regular formula when I started supplementing and had to switch to gerber goodstart gentle. Also it takes a couple days to a week to see a difference in formula. GL
  • You should definitely try a sensitive formula. When I give DS formula, he's extra gassy, spits up, and is uncomfortable. Unfortunately some babies don't react well to it and you have to try a bunch of different ones until you find one that works! 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Is this something she could develop at 3 months old?  I've heard of babies with acid reflux but usually they have it right away.  I don't know much about it though.
  • As pp have asked, have you tried a gentle version like Enfamil Gentlease?  Also, gas drops, gas drops, gas drops.  Miracle workers. 
  • Since formula fed babies are normally constipated versus breastfed babies we give our LO 1 teaspoon of Flax Seed Oil the organic kind in his bottle with 2oz of formula. He'll have a big poop then those screaming cringing belly aches are gone.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"