Baby Showers

Might be silly question

but when do you give the hostess her hostess gift? at the shower? or after? im not sure what the proper etiquette is and know you ladies will have some good answers for me.  TIA!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Might be silly question

• I gave mine at the shower, after I was finished opening all of the gifts.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • At the end of the shower.  I did it after the guests started leaving and everything was winding down. 
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    DS dx with celiac disease 5/28/10

• Loading the player...
  • Ami117Ami117 member
    I think the norm is after the shower. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ccamccam member
    I gave my Mom her gift after the shower when we went back to her house.  I have yet to give my MIL and SIL their gifts though, I wanted to be able to write out their thank you cards.  I think I'll give it to them this weekend, when other people aren't around.  My shower was 2 weeks ago. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

• I would say after, unless it is something like a bouquet of roses or something equally perishable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"