Baby Showers
Options

Hostess gift when your mom is hosting your shower?

I have been looking around for a potential hostess gift for my mom. I've been looking at Etsy, but all of the grandmother-themed jewelry seems to be designed for AFTER the baby arrives (when you know the name, birthdate, etc.).

So, I'm looking for something my mom will find touching (but not overly cheesy) that I could give her as a hostess/grandmother-to-be gift at my shower.

Is this the norm?  Do people not give hostess gifts to their mothers?  I thought it would be nice to get her something and give her a little recognition on the impending birth of her first grandchild.  I just don't know what to get! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hostess gift when your mom is hosting your shower?

• Options
    IWhat about customizing a scrapbook for her and getting her a bunch of baby related scrabook supplies?
  • Options

imageMandJS:
    What about a nice picture frame that says "Grandma and me" or a picture of whatever piece of jewelry you WANT to get her and a note indicating it will arrive when baby makes his/her cameo?

I think this is a great idea.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Does it have to be a "Grandma - To - Be" gift? Or can it just be something that says "Thank You"?

My mom and sister hosted my shower, and I got a purse for my mom from Coach, one I knew she would love! And a gift card for my sister to Nordstrom (they were sold out of the purse I wanted to get her in my area) Both were gifts that I knew they would love, and were just for them, not Aunt or Grandma related. I just wanted them to know how much I appreciated them, and their work.

Started TTC in 2006, LOTS of trying, and trying, and 7 rounds of IVF with 13 embryos, 2 perfect little boys and 5 loses....
    All finished with babies, started to make diet changes, Keto, to be MORE for my kids, lost 30 pounds, still going, and 3 months in, I had a natural cycle, and then ovulated... Hubs and I are going to see what happens now... Maybe a natural pregnancy? After everything we have been through? Or just a return to normal hormones? We shall see what the future holds!

Baby Dust To All!!!

• Options
    My mom is hosting my shower as well and I haven't gotten her anything yet either.  However, for Mother's Day this year I gave her a bunch of picture books with a grandma theme ( I Loved You Before You Were Born, Just Grandma and Me,etc.) that she can read to LO as well as a book for her to write in her family history to share with LO someday.  She loved it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    ccamccam member

I had two showers - one hosted by my Mom and the other by my MIL.  I got them each this Willow Tree grandmother figure (I actually stole someone's idea from this board!). 

I just gave my Mom hers this weekend, she loved it!  I have yet to give it to my MIL though. 

Trying for #1 since May 2010   l   DX ~ Unexplained Infertility June 2011

IUI #1&2 = BFN; IUI #3 = BFP, m/c @ 6 weeks

November '11 ~ IVF#1 ~ ER 11/18 (29R, 17F) ~ 5dt of one beautiful blast on 11/23 = BFP!!

Beta #1 9dp5dt = 116, P4 = 28 ~ Beta #2 13dp5dt = 700 ~ Beta #3 20dp5dt = 9500, P4 = 26

1st u/s 12/27 - hb of 156!! EDD 8.10.12 :)   **TEAM GREEN!**

Sweet baby boy born 8.18.12

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Trying for #2

FET #1 - October '13 - c/p   l   FET #2 - December '13 - cancelled :(   l   FET #2.2 - 1.30.14 - BFN

~ More testing - hysteroscopy, endometrial biopsy & more b/w - all normal / negative~

Surprise BFP while waiting on FET #3 ~ beta #1 500; beta #2 1600; first u/s 4/3 - measuring 5w5d, no hb yet!; 2nd u/s 4/10 - hb 132, measuring 6w6d - EDD 11.29.14 :)    **TEAM GREEN!**

Beautiful baby girl born 11.24.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Unless something grandma specific strikes you, you can definitely get her something unrelated that she would enjoy. 

You'll have the baby's whole life to give her grandma gifts.

BabyFruit Ticker It's a Girl!
  • Options
    imageccam:

I had two showers - one hosted by my Mom and the other by my MIL.  I got them each this Willow Tree grandmother figure (I actually stole someone's idea from this board!). 

I just gave my Mom hers this weekend, she loved it!  I have yet to give it to my MIL though. 

OOO!!! my mom LOVES willow tree! she's not hosting my shower (shes in Kuwait till Labor Day~ish & shower is 7/15 and baby boy is due 8/5) but Im glad to know this!! 

My aunt is hosting my family/friends shower and I bought her this!    I got the matching wallet to give her for XMAS!  this print was 60% off over the weekend!  purse was $27 and wallet was $18   I cannot wait to give it to her!  She will LOVE it!   : ) 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options

My mom hosted my shower and I got her a really nice frame from Things Remembered and had it engraved to say:

There's no place like home...except Grandma's.

She LOVED it!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"