Preemies

Results from allergy testing...

DS had allergy testing yesterday.  He has had too many sinus infections...The results were somewhat surprising....

On a scale of 0-4 (4 being worse), DS was at a 1 for dog, cockroach, VA trees and grasses (these were not surprising)...Also he was only at a 1 for milk, which could simply be because we have not exposed him to much in so long since we were told he has this allergy in October...

He was at at 2 for barley and corn, though.  This was surprising...we've JUST switched over to powder only Alimentum and will need to go back to RTF (we will still fortify with powder though). 

Looks like I will need to give up on my stash of BM.  I will make DH dispose of it if I cannot give it away because I might cry over seeing it all go!

The great news is that he is not showing allergies at this time to eggs or soy so I will definately keep that in mind as we start doing more table foods.  Veggies and fruits are still my go to food!  Any others out there with known allergies?  With regards to food...what are some of your substitutions?  I dont have food allergies, niether does DH, so this is all new to us!

BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Results from allergy testing...

• kck329kck329 member

I am glad you got some answers but I can imagine this is all overwhelming too. My DD has dairy intolerance but we haven't done any testing. You should post this over on the food allergy board-those women are really helpful too.

How old is your BM stash? You may be able to donate some of it rather than dump it if that's something that interests you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"