Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

How long to wait after loss?

I had a natural m/c @ 6 weeks on 5/17/12.  AF returned exactly one month after m/c on 6/17/12.  Since everything passed naturally and AF has already returned, is it okay to try again, or is it better to skip this one and try next month? 

My doctor said we only had to wait through one period, but this was our first pregnancy.tks

Re: How long to wait after loss?

• I'm so sorry for your loss.  If your doctor gave you the go ahead then it's completely up to you.  TTC after a loss is an emotionally difficult thing so just make sure  that you are prepared and ready to try again.

(( Hugs)) and good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• AMB11AMB11 member

I am very sorry for your loss.

I was told to wait one cycle.  My miscarriage was natural and early (4w and 3d)

Big Boy N - 2009
    Little Man Z - 2011
    Baby Girl E - 2013

• Loading the player...
  • My Dr told me to wait 2 cycles. It has only been 2 weeks since my m/c so I'm just playing the waiting game for it to start.

BFP#1 6/4/12 EDD 2/10/13 M/C 6/12/12
    BFP#2 9/28/12 EDD 6/5/13 J.B. born 6/6/13

Anniversary

• I waited 2 years but that was just my decision. I wasn't ready to do it all over again.
    Missed m/c found @ 10 weeks - May 2010
    Missed m/c found @ 10.5 weeks - August 2012
  • StacBLStacBL member
    I had a natural m/c at 5 weeks 2days and my doc said they recommend we wait 3 cycles to try again. This was my third pregnancy but my first miscarriage.  I really think its whatever you feel is right for you, so if you feel like waiting another cycle then you should. 
  • I'm so sorry for your loss. M/C is a terrible experience and I wouldn't wish this mental pain on my worst enemy :-

My Dr. seems to be out of the ordinary in that he said we could try again whenever we wanted. He told DH and I that lots of people want to wait one cycle to make dating the pregnancy easier, but that "if you want to try next week, that would be fine.... You're not going to want to, but before you are emotionally ready, you'll be physically ready." That was 2 weeks ago (natural m/c at 6 1/2 weeks).

Best of luck to you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC#1 since May 2012 
    BFP#1 6/2/12 EDD 2/17/13 Natural M/C 6/19/12
    BFP#2 10/30/12 EDD 7/12/13 CP 11/2/12 
    BFP#3 11/29/12 EDD 8/10/13 CP 12/2/12 
    BFP#4 12/26/12 EDD 9/7/13 
    1/18/13 HB 140! GROW BABY GROW!

Welcome to the world Little Girl! Born on her due date! September 8, 2013, 7lb 11.8oz, 19.5" long. 

image image

image image

**PgAL/PAL welcome**
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"