Working Moms
Options

how do you pack?

i am meeting with our babysitter tomorrow to work out all the details for when i go back to work, jan 5.

i have a list of topics to discuss i.e: feeding schedule, naps, gear: carseats, bottles, etc..

my questions to you all are:

do you pack food/change of clothes/bibs/bottles daily, weekly?

do you leave bibs/clothes/bottles at childcare?

what does baby nap in? crib or pack n play

how many bottles does childcare need? do you fill them up in the morning or do you leave formula/pumped milk

do you feed/nurse baby before drop off?

so many questions!!! any other tips? TIA!!!!!!!!!!!!?

Re: how do you pack?

• Options

Background: DD was in a nanny share from 4 to 12 months of age. She now goes to a SAHM who watches her out of her home.

Nanny share: We were at the other family's house 2 days/week. I always packed stuff just for that day. I figured the other family didn't want our junk around their house.

SAHM: I leave a change of clothes in her diaper bag, which goes over daily. Food is packed daily. We left a supply of bibs and sippys at her home, so she just washes those as she needs them.

See above... yes, we leave bibs and sippys now. We never left bottles, because DD was breastfed, so I made up bottles of EBM each day.

what does baby nap in? crib or pack n play.
    Nanny share: In her crib at our house. The other family provided a PNP when she was at their house. (We provided our PNP to the other little girl when she was at our house.)

SAHM: We provide a PNP.

how many bottles does childcare need? do you fill them up in the morning or do you leave formula/pumped milk
    When she was on EBM, I usually sent over three premade bottles, as well as an extra container in case she wanted more. Now that she drinks soymilk, I send over a small container each morning and the SAHM fills up a sippy for lunch.

do you feed/nurse baby before drop off? She has always nursed immediately after waking up. I never nursed immediately prior to drop-off.

Good luck!

Mommy to DD1 (June 2007), DS (January 2010), DD2 (July 2012), and The Next One (EDD 3/31/2015)

• Options

bottles daily, leave 3 changes of clothes there and replace them as needed, bibs are provided by the center.

do you leave bibs/clothes/bottles at childcare?  clothes yes, bottles no.  Any unused bottles must be taken home every night.   We also leave diapers and wipes in her drawer. 

Each baby gets a crib for naps.

DD usually takes 3 bottles a day at daycare (started at 3-4 oz, now 5.5 oz).  They must be prepared and labeled with her name and date.  I usually send a 4th bottle and bring it back the next day. 

yes.  She eats before she goes, 3x while I'm away, then 2x at home in the evening. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I pack stuff weekly, although clothes I do seasonally unless they get dirty and then I just replace as needed. 

Yes, I leave bibs and clothes there. They use cups now that they provide. 

Used to be a crib, now on a cot. 

My DD took 3 bottles a day. I filled them each day with pumped milk. 

Yes, I would feed in the morning. 

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options

DS goes to MIL's 2 days a week and to a baby sitter 3 days a week.

DS has a bag at MIL's and the sitter that stays there.   This bag contains

wipes, 1 change of clothes, bowl, spoon, sippy cup 2 8oz cans of RTF formula.    MIL also has a case of diapers.

I then send a daily bag with 3 bottles(already made), food,  2 bibs, an extra change of clothes, and a couple favorite toys.    I put a week's worth of diapers in the sitter's.

He has a PNP at each house(MIL had one already, I bought a plain one for the sitter)

We give DS a bottle before drop off.   MIL usually picks him up over here and she will give him breakfast(I make it and leave it for her)   We'll send breakfast with him when he goes to the sitter and she feeds him.   

MIL has a highchair for him.   We gave sitter his infant carrier and she sits him in there to feed him(her suggestion....it's what's she done in the past and it works for her)  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I sent a few weeks worth of frozen milk to day care along with a pack of diapers, wipes, butt cream and 4 bottles.  Those things stay there.  Then on the first day I brought a bag with some changes of clothes, burp clothes and  bibs.  She sends home any outfit that he has soiled and I bring more the next day. 

DS naps in a crib, but i would have no problem with him using a PnP if that was what she had.

I feed the baby in the morning, so he only gets 3 bottles at DC.  This is important for me since I am still breastfeeding, I want to make sure he feeds on me as much as possible so I can keep my supply up.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"