May 2011 Moms

Diaper Bag

What are you using now? Have you noticed if you need more or less stuff that LO is older?

Re: Diaper Bag

• i use a back pack that i got from similac. It holds everything i need

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I use a PPB Cake bag, and seem to need less now if it's just for short trips.  More often than not though, DH is using his Diaper Dude bag (he's a SAHD) and I'm just carrying mine as a purse.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have the Timi and Leslie Charlie, I love it and am still using it.  It's held up great.
  • I am using the Timi and Leslie Marie Antionette bag. It's huge and I love it. I think I actually have more stuff in it now. I still have all the essentials, plus snacks, a sippy cup, an empty bottle, disposable placemat, bib, books, & more toys. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guess it depends where I am going and how long we are going to be gone.

Sometimes I just use my work backpack (it has an insulated section that is supposed to be for a laptop) but it works great to keep snacks and a sippy of milk cool with an icepack.

Otherwise I alternate between my purse with just a diaper and some wipes for short trips and my diaper bag with diapers, wipes, snacks, toys, a sweatshirt and books for longer trips.

• Poops in the potty?!?  WOW
  • It depends on where we are going: the store for a quick errand the diaper bag stays in the car.

To a restaurant--it is jam packed with a cup, snacks and LOTS and lots of toys.

My daughter is my hero.
  • I still use mine, though I'm sure I could get away with something else. It just looks like a big purse though, so I don't mind.

• imagecalm_angel_2003:

i use a back pack that i got from similac. It holds everything i need

This is us too...ours is from Nestle and it's a lot smaller than the one we used to carry.  But it holds a couple diapers, wipes, snacks and my wallet, so it's perfect.

Formerly the untaggable Mrs. D S Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • I ordered a Kalencom before DD was born and I love it. I carry it all the time but definitely have less stuff in it than we use to.

I usually thrown my wallet in there so I don't have to carry my purse. It's convenient, looks cute and I have everything I need for me and DD.

I have to say I got DH his own DB with the Chicago Bears logo on it and he has used it twice. At least it's mostly black and can be used as a messenger bag as well. We may be passing it onto the 8 year old who is also a Bears fan!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • we carry way less. my bag is more like a purse...just a style preference.
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• We still use it a lot.  If it's a short trip we throw it in the car, just in case we have a blow out and can't make it home.  If we're gone for the day it's a necessity.  We pack fewer diapers now, but that space has been replaced with toys and snacks.

• I use much less stuff on short outings than when LO was newborn. But I bring her to work with me and we bring her diaper bag with us then, or if we will be out for a few hours, but only because I like to have some snacks and toys and a change of clothes with me. I have a big purse that I bring now with a little of her stuff along with my stuff when I don't have her diaper bag.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageprisschris:
    Poops in the potty?!?  WOW

Exactly! I had to check to make sure I was on the May2011 BMB! 

I use a Petunia Pickle Bottom and though it super cute, it's not as practical as I had thought. I always bring too much along but I'd just rather be over-prepared because when I'm not, something happens and I feel like a dolt. I pack it up with snacks, books, change of clothes, some toys, bib, diapers/wipes and then my stuff. I'm hoping I can chill out some w/the diaper bag anxiety ('do I have everything???') w/this next one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"