3rd Trimester

what's the deal with pineapple?

and no i am not trying to bring on early labor!

Re: what's the deal with pineapple?

• Well, its yellow. And juicy. Pretty sweet....

oh wait. thats not what your asking.... 

there is a chemical in fresh pineapple that supposidly brings on labor. but you have to eat a TON of it to work.

• ironic since eating pineapple was supposed to help you get pregnant too.  a mystery fruit!

• Loading the player...
  • oooo....I might send DH to get pineapple right now.  that sounds really good...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • all i know is spongebob lives there ;)
  • "To get the real benefit from pineapple you should use it when it is fresh only. Bromelain found in the fresh pineapples helps the connective tissues of cervix in bringing natural labor. If you use canned pineapple it will not produce the desirable results because bromelain is ruined in the process."

...I've heard you need to ingest about 17 per day to really get the right amount of Bromelain you need!

• my vet told me to give my doggie pineapple to make her stop eating her poop. who knew pineapple had so many uses!!!!!
  • imageMiss.Modular:

ironic since eating pineapple was supposed to help you get pregnant too.  a mystery fruit!

ooh, i DID NOT know that. Interesting, that pineapple!

• My sister swore it started her labor with her DS so I tried it.  I maybe had a cup of pineapple.... and started contractions later on that evening.  It might be a coincidence but it maybe not.  :)
  • Eating pineapple these days makes me feel like I've got a couple of feet of barbed wire in my stomach, so I think I'll be skipping this method.
  • imageameliadaisy:
    my vet told me to give my doggie pineapple to make her stop eating her poop. who knew pineapple had so many uses!!!!!

:: running out to buy some for my sheet-eating dog ::

• imagerease.:
    imageMiss.Modular:

ironic since eating pineapple was supposed to help you get pregnant too.  a mystery fruit!

It's just like sex!!!!

• imageTheFannins729:
    imagerease.:
    imageMiss.Modular:

ironic since eating pineapple was supposed to help you get pregnant too.? a mystery fruit!

?

?

It's just like sex!!!!

LOL - so pineapple can take the place of sex?!? ?It can get you knocked up AND bring on labor. ?I love pineapple...?

• Doesn't pineapple also make semen taste sweet? Someone with some time can Google that...

I almost bought pineapple yesterday and I thought twice that maybe I wasn't supposed to have it for some reason. Did not stop me from buying a glorious soft goat cheese though...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"