3rd Trimester

Failed Glucose Test

I failed my glucose test by 20 points and have to back for the 3 hour test. I'm so upset by this, and I don't know if I'm just overreacting because of hormones. Anyone else been through this?

Re: Failed Glucose Test

• Two weeks ago. My one hour test was 156. Did the three hour test and all values were below the threshold. There is a 15 to 20% chance that the screener (one hour test) was a false positive. That's why it is just a screener. Good luck with your three hour test!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I failed the one hour by eight points and I was really upset too!  The three hour test really isn't that bad.  I brought my kindle, thank you cards to finish, and I sat outside between blood draws.  I was starving after the last draw and brought nuts with me to eat before I made it home for lunch.   I passed and am glad it's over but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  

I really think that sitting outside and reading made the hour go by so much faster than sitting in the lab and reading.  Ask the person if you can sit outside and just make sure you're back in the lab before your next draw.  Good luck!  

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I failed mine with a 157. I was so upset and so mad that I had to do the special diet and take off work to do the 3 hour test. But, I did it and passed the 3 hour with one no problems. It is a hassle and I was upset too, but overall, not a big deal.
  • I failed the one hour at 165 and passed the 3 hour easily.  I was annoyed and upset too and it was a hassle to spend my entire Saturday morning taking the 3 hour test, but I passed so it wasn't a huge deal.  From what I read on here, a lot of women fail the one hour and go on to pass the 3 hour.  GL.
  • 60-70% of women that fail the first go on to pass the second so you're definitely in good company.  I failed my first by almost 20 points and passed the second one with flying colors.  There's just a really high failure rate for the 1-hour test.
  • I failed my 1 hour by about 14 points and had to do the 3 hour which I passed. It's nerve racking but you'll be fine. :)

• Well, try not to stress until after the 3 hr. GL!

~~~ EDD for Baby #2  6/28/15~~~~

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It happens a lot!  Probably half of my friends I have talked to failed the one hour and none of them failed the 3 hour.  I failed the one hour by 4 points and just found out yesterday that I passed the 3 hour with flying colors.  And if it turns out you do have GD don't worry, that is why they test, so you can catch it and get it under control.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I took mine yesterday so we will see in a couple of days! Diabetes runs in my family.
  • Failed my 1 hour with a 149.  Waiting on the results of my 3 hour.  Like PP said, take a book. I've read so much on here about how common it is to fail the 1 and pass the 3 that I'm really hoping that's me.  I was shocked to fail, I have no indicators for it.
  • jm2168jm2168 member
    I passed the 3 hour! :) Thanks for all your kind words and support!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"