3rd Trimester

Have my 1 hour tomorrow afternoon

I am kind of nervous. I have been diagnosed borderline diabetic since high school. So I am scared this test is going to be positive.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Have my 1 hour tomorrow afternoon

• Stay away from the sweets!!  GL, I hope everything is fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • and why is it this late?  I had mine at 20wks and I know alot of others had it around then... just curious.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • you'll do fine!!!  I crave nothing but sweets and carbs and I managed to pass
  • You'll do fine!  Good luck and don't forget that you must fast.  Sometimes they forget to tell you that major fact before you go. 
  • imageoctbride2006:
    You'll do fine!  Good luck and don't forget that you must fast.  Sometimes they forget to tell you that major fact before you go. 

My drink said to eat normal right on the bottle.  You do not have to fast.  In fact, mine told me I had to eat breakfast before my 8:30 appt.

• imageMrsSteener:
    and why is it this late?  I had mine at 20wks and I know alot of others had it around then... just curious.

that sounds really early.  most suggest between 24-28 weeks I thought.  I had mine at 28 weeks and 2 days.

• imageMrsSteener:
    and why is it this late?  I had mine at 20wks and I know alot of others had it around then... just curious.

Not sure. My OB doesn't strike me as being on the ball. He doesn't really listen, or give me time to talk. He does get the job done though.  I love the staff at his office. That is why I stay with him.

• My doctor told me to eat 2 hours before. But nothing sugary.
  • GL- hope everything turns out OK.  I have mine on Wednesday.  I'm super nervous too.  I've been cravings carbs and sugar my whole pregnancy.  At least we'll know soon.
  • I have mine on Tuesday at 9:15 and they told me to fast after midnight....go figure!
  • I'm having mine tomorrow at 28 w 1 day. The 1-hour is a non-fasting test so you should eat as you normally do. My doc suggested 2 hours before I take the test.

If the results are of concern, you'll be scheduled for the 3-hour test which is a fasting test.

• I have mine today (in about 30 minutes). I was told to have toast and water before hand. Do you find out results immediately or do you have to wait for labs to come back?
    imageimage
  • Don't stress. You will be fine. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"