Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Baby Friendly Vacations

My husband really wants to take a vacation and I also think its a good idea. We have a 10 month old. Does anyone have any recommendations for a baby friendly resort? I am open to visiting anywhere in North America. I was looking into all-inclusives but I'm worried about the water in Mexico and the Caribbean. For ex. My baby likes to lick the bath water when she takes a bath. I'm pretty sure she would get sick if she did that in Mexico. 

Here are some examples of what I think such a place would have... Not that I expect all of these to be there. Its just an example.

• Rooms with layouts to accommodate families like suites and kitchens
  • Complimentary cribs, strollers, baby shampoo, and bottle warmers
  • Childproofing upon request
  • In room baby-sitting

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Re: Baby Friendly Vacations

• Options
    I took my 7 months old to the Atlantis Resort in the Bahamas... It is very family friendly (depending on which wing of the hotel you stay in) They also provide in room child care so you can spend some quality time.... My baby girl loved it and they were all very friendly!
  • Options
    Would you consider a cruise??
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Unfortunately my husband does not like the idea of being on a boat in the middle of the ocean. hehe. Although he loves the beach. 
  • Options
    Club Med has a few family resorts (my friend used to work at Sandpiper in Florida). Not sure about all the room set up options but they have most of the other things you mentioned. 
  • Options
    Check out Terranea Resort in Rancho Palos Verdes, outside of L.A.(www.terranea.com). It's beauuuutiful, reasonable and very family friendly. A total hidden gem.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We just went camping for 10 days. It was so much fun. I don't regret it one bit! :D I was told that I was nuts taking a 10 month old camping....but she was a champ. She did SO good!! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    I have not been, but our friends also did Atlantis and LOVED it - so much so that they bought a time share.  They brought their (then) 18 month old and said it was perfect for her.  We're hoping to get the invite to their time share - probably in a couple of years, after they've brought their family members first ;-)  :::Sigh:::
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Disney! Sorry I love it there and so does my LO she was about 8/9 months when we went and she loved looking at the characters. We are going again in October and cant wait!

We are also going to Barbados in August with my parents, We have been there before pre-baby and its a very clean island. Bonus' our money is worth double, its British so they speak English, and everyone is super friendly. We are staying at The Crane and we have a full kitchen and they have cribs and high chairs there so I dont have to bring them. I will bring a stroller, not sure about baby-sitting but I dont think I would do that anyway (but thats just my insecurities with strangers). 

Have fun on your vacation!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"