March 2012 Moms

Leaving DD overnight

A friend is having a big birthday party for his wife next Saturday. Camp-out in their back yard, a ton of friends coming we haven't seen in a year or more.

Another friend and her DH agreed to watch DD for us overnight so we can stay for the whole thing without having to get her home or worry about how well she will sleep in the tent with the party going on. The have a 15 mo and are trying for #2 so good practice for them. :)

She should be asleep almost the entire time she is there. I'm feeding DD at the party for her last feeding before bed then driving across town to where she is staying. She should fall asleep in the car and stay asleep until about 4am. She'll only be there from about 8:30p- 8:30a so 12 hours, mostly sleeping.

But I'm nervous. I'm only going to have a couple drinks so that if I have to go over and get her, not a big deal.

I'm excited to get out and have fun but nervous to be away from her for longer than 3 hours for the first time.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

Re: Leaving DD overnight

• We are going to be leaving our little guy with the in-laws overnight in July for a wedding.  I am sure that I will be nervous...but also a little excited.  I am also sure that I will make my husband call them and see when he has gone to bed.  Unfortunately, I am used to leaving him for long periods of time as I had to go back to work when he was three and half weeks old but the thought of him sleeping somewhere else is still going to make me nervous.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good for you! I wouldn`t be able to do that yet because I`d be way too anxious haha. I`m jealous that you`re brave enough - and it totally sounds like it will work! Goooood luck! Tell us how it goes :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Loading the player...
  • everything will be fine and you are going to have a fab time!! i left my daughter at 6 weeks for one night to go to my husbands fight (he fights in the ufc) in atlanta and she stayed at grandmas, i cried the whole time and she did great. now she is staying with grandma again in july for a weekend for his next fight and im not as worried this time!!
    Averie Belle March 9, 2012 5 lbs, 11 oz
  • DH and I just got back from NY where we stayed 4 nights. I was sad, but since he was with DH's family, I didn't worry. 

We actually had a blast relaxing out there. I'm EP'ing so that made things easy.

I hope you all can have a great time!

I guess for us, it wasn't as hard since Dom spent 4 weeks in the NICU. That was hard at first but we knew he was in good hands, and that is all that matters to us.  

Married 05.19.07 | Together since 03.11.00 | Dom Born 02.06.12 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I was just going to try to put her to down in the tent. All I could think of for a babysitter was my MIL and I'm not sure I trust her yet. She has mentioned multiple times how she used to tie BIL's pacifier around his neck with a string so to not lose it and when I mentioned how terribly unsafe that was, she just shrugs. So not sure I can trust her to watch DD until DD is older.

Then DH reminding me of these friends who would love to watch her.

I bet it will be just fine. I am looking forward to going. My mom is upset that someone else gets to babysit before she does but my mom is 3 hours away.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

• due to power outtages from the recent storms, we had to move dh's 30th bday party to my parents house. my mom was going to have ds over night anyways. i stopped drinking early and we went home at 12:30 so i didnt have to sleep on the floor sober and i didnt bring my sleeping medicine. when we got home it was storming so bad i was thankful we left ds with my mom. it was lightning like 5 times a second and the sheets of rain made the road unvisible. i was afraid to get out of the car myself, let alone pull out a car seat. AND I GOT A FULL NIGHTS SLEEP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"