June 2011 Moms

If you used to nurse lo before nap or bed but weaned help me

What do you do now to get lo to go to sleep? I still bf ds before bed and in the am but when I wean what do I do instead of nurse before bed? I also don't know how to put him down for a nap without nursing. What do you do? He knows I have milk so seems to want it. I don't mind at night and morning but would rather not nurse during the day since he doesn't during the week and I'm not pumping. 
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: If you used to nurse lo before nap or bed but weaned help me

• We just weaned cold turkey, his choice not mine, for reasons I don't entirely understand but seem to do with teething/biting. He was so upset and crying for the 1st couple of days, clearly wanting to nurse but not for some reason. Anyway, we had 2 bad sleeping nights, naps were fine, and he seems totally over it. The bad sleep might have just been teething.

I was really nervous about all this because DS had always loved to nurse and I was afraid we'd be lost without it especially at bedtimes. But it actually worked out really well.

• nfrtnynfrtny member
    Well I don't really have advice but the answer to that is probably sleep training. Personally though, if he sleeps well, I would keep doing what works. What does his DCP/babysitter do for naps?
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO's teeth sliced a gouge in my nipple, so I stopped nursing cold turkey and just kept pumping.  I did our whole nightime routine, but added a book reading right before the time I would nurse and then gave LO a bottle in place of the boob. Everything went fine. I eventually dropped the bottle and just did the whole routine sans feeding. She hasn't had one problem at all.

For naptime I just give her the paci and rock for a few minutes. I lay her down and leave.  She cries a tiny bit but then goes to sleep. Good luck!!

• I give C a bottle before bed of foloow on formula - he self weaned from the breast at 8 months - we've since cut out all day time bottles and he just has wcm in his sippy - I know a lot of people say not to continue with a bottle for bed past 1 year, but he wants it and i like the time we have together while i feed him and snuggle. I'm sure he will let me know when he no longer wants it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • cvl105cvl105 member
    Once I stopped nursing our routine become this: bath, read, bed. I basically replaced nursing with reading...although she doesn't fall asleep while I'm reading, as she did nursing.  The first couple nights I offered her a sippy while reading to her, but she would just take a few sips and be done. So I no longer offer it after dinner really.
    ~Chelsea~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image"">imageimage
  • Sippy of WCM or water?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"