Cloth Diapering

Doing something wrong?

We've had LO in disposables since he was born, but he's almost 8 weeks and we're ready to try cloth diapering.  A family friend gave us her stash of FuzziBunz, and we tried them last night and today, and it hasn't gone well.  Last night they were leaking out the side, and this morning we had a problem with leaking out the back.  (After less than an hour of LO wearing it each time.) 

Is this common with FB, or am I doing something wrong?  Should I double up the inserts?  Just how tight should they be on LO?  The tightest setting seemed to be really tight, so I went one looser because that looked much more comfortable.  I don't want to cut off LO's circulation, but I don't want them to leak either.  Ideas?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Doing something wrong?

• How much does LO weigh? I think most CDs require LOs to be about 10+ lbs before they'll fit properly.

Also with the FB, have you adjusted the elastic inside to fit properly? I'm sure there is instructions on their website on how to do so, it's not that difficult.

And, I usually fold the gussets in around DS's legs to create a kind of seal to help with leaks. This trick works well for me on diapers that I had had leaking problems with in the past.

Andplusalso, you might need to strip them. You probably don't know how your friend washed them previously and when the last time they were stripped. Might be a good idea to do just in case.

GL!!

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• PP gave good advice. The only thing I would add is that it could be your LO's shape. Is he wide and chunky or tall and thin? I've heard FB is very good for the tall/thin babies but a horrible fit for chunksters. I haven't tried them because I have a big baby. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Also....they are used FB??  Have you done any washing of them?  Maybe (no offense to the family friend) they weren't washed in CD friendly detergent? Or they just have buildup?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"