Stay at Home Moms

Fireworks - WTF?!

I hate fireworks outside of the 4th.  DH is usually working nights around the 4th and I get to handle my kids not sleeping due to the f-ing things.

We hear noises outside while the girls were having their bedtime snack.  We look outside & the neighbors (we are fairly close to) are lighting off a pile of crap.  It's not even dark out!  They tell us to come on over & I say the kids need to go to bed.  - It was already 9 pm!

So....  an hour later and they are still lighting shiIt off and here in the north it is bearly dusk.

Annoyed.

Oh and I notice the less than intelligent hubby is lighting fireworks with a propane blow torch.

Re: Fireworks - WTF?!

• MJCFMJCF member
    Ugh. So frustrating. Its crazy around us during the 4th. Our neighborhood fireworks were supposed to be tonight but were moved to next week because of the heat and and drought. Some neighborhoods have even canceled the 4th already.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just looked at the city law and it is only supposed to be the 2-4th.  Grr.

Thankfully all 3 kids are asleep, regardless of the noise.

• Loading the player...
  • We were at my brothers house today and his neighbor was lighting fireworks at 2pm. Who does that?? You can't even see them and it was 105 degrees outside. Some people are ridiculous with fireworks. 

Glad your girls all slept through the noise.  

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • New Years Eve and Fourth of July are big times of the year for fireworks here.  We heard them going off last night too, not one of our neighbors though.  The neighbors usually stop by our house earlier in the day and ask if it is ok if they set off fireworks that night since they know we have small kids.  I have always told them it was ok and never complained because it is a holiday - I can suffer a few nights out of the year.  Luckily they have always been considerate enough to set them off as far from our house as possible and the kids come by in the morning and pick up any sticks or debris that may have ended up in our yard.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lol I love it. But I also don't always have my son on the 4th since he will sometimes be with his dad. So if I end up not having him right on the fourth I get to take him to the town fireworks and those go until about 10:30 and just started last night.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Fireworks season in my neighborhood is from Memorial Day to Labor. Pretty much daily. This week is going to be crazy. It sounds like we are under attack and being bombed. My parents actually hose off their roof on their house.

It doesn't even phase us anymore. 

Audrey Elizabeth 11-11-06 image
  • We are a huge fireworks family. We have a big "show"at the cabin every 4th. That being said, neighbors at home lighting fireworks is really annoying to me. I have one family that sets them off every night at 730. Gah! It's not dark yet and it's coincidentally whenim trying to get the baby to bed. 

I totally don't understand lighting fireworks during the daytime. What a waste!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I live outside of Philly- fireworks are just part of the deal living here- aaaaaaaaaaall week long.

Luckily both kids don't seem to mind so much- my cats however... forget about it.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • ... Could be worse, he could be using MAP gas ;o)  (that's what we used last year!)..

I agree though that it's completely annoying (I have a rule, no fireworks shall be lit off until July 1 and done before July 8th) - I think the neighbor kids put M80's into their fire pit so you'll hear explosions coming from their fire pit frequently. But I hate the "pop pop pop pop" against the windows, especially the one night it sounded like glass shifting from the boom...

• imageCherryblossoms07:
    New Years Eve and Fourth of July are big times of the year for fireworks here.  We heard them going off last night too, not one of our neighbors though.  The neighbors usually stop by our house earlier in the day and ask if it is ok if they set off fireworks that night since they know we have small kids.  I have always told them it was ok and never complained because it is a holiday - I can suffer a few nights out of the year.  Luckily they have always been considerate enough to set them off as far from our house as possible and the kids come by in the morning and pick up any sticks or debris that may have ended up in our yard.   

I have to say - this is super AWESOME!  Having the neighbor kids come over and do something like that would instantly take away any amount of being peeved that I would otherwise have...  Especially if they come and clean up any trash. 

• It's not too bad here. Personal use of fireworks is banned in the city limits (where I live).  Of course many people use them anyway, but it pretty much only goes on from the last week or so of June to a few days after the 4th.

I love watching fireworks, but am not a fan of drunk neighbors messing around with them in the streets at all. Tongue Tied

DD1: Maya 05/10
    DD2: Lucia (Lucy) 07/13
  • Our neighbors have been doing the same thing since this weekend. They started before dark last night and were lighting them off literally 2 feet away from the building. Fireworks have been going off all night last night and all day so far. We live in an apartment complex/town that won't do anything about it, so it looks like I'm stuck with it for a while longer..
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"