1st Trimester

Mom of 7 mo. old - any ?s ??

I'm feeling a little sentimental and thought I'd peek back here @ 1st tri board. ?It feels like just yesterday that I was in your shoes. ?I remember how helpful these posts were to me, so ask away!

DS is our first and I had a planned c/s.

Congrats to all of you :) ?Time flies faster than you can imagine....?

Re: Mom of 7 mo. old - any ?s ??

• haha, i did this last night too!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • if you're still around, I'll bite.

What did you think the most underrated and overrated newborn products were? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Overrated - the Boppy. ?I hated it. ?I just couldn't get it to "fit" right and DS kept slipping between the pillow and me. ?It stressed me out when I first started BF, but when I dumped the Boppy and went to just a regular pillow, it worked much better.

?

Underrated - crib movement monitor. ?This is the single best baby item we have. ?We have the BabySense monitor and it really gives us peace of mind. ?We moved DS to his crib @ 2 weeks and felt really good knowing the monitor was there. ?Totally worth the $.?

• imagehs & js baby #1:

Overrated - the Boppy.  I hated it.  I just couldn't get it to "fit" right and DS kept slipping between the pillow and me.  It stressed me out when I first started BF, but when I dumped the Boppy and went to just a regular pillow, it worked much better.

Underrated - crib movement monitor.  This is the single best baby item we have.  We have the BabySense monitor and it really gives us peace of mind.  We moved DS to his crib @ 2 weeks and felt really good knowing the monitor was there.  Totally worth the $. 

crib movement monitor??  Does it tell you if the baby is not moving any more or what does it do?

• Yup - it senses any movement - including breathing. ?You put this pad thing under the mattress in the crib (or in some packnplays or bassinets) and turn it on. ?A loud alarm will sound if no movement is sensed after (I think) 10 secs. ?Mine has never gone off (thank goodness) except for the few times I forgot to turn off the monitor and took DS out of the crib. ?DH and I have tried to "trick" the monitor by putting weight in the crib but no movement, and the alarm would still go off.

It comes with a second pad that you can add once DC gets bigger and moves around in the crib more.?

• Oh and Angelcare makes one too. ?I sometimes read on the boards here that people have issues now and then with false alarms with the Angelcare. ?I never had an issue with the BabySense. ?We got it at BRU.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"