Natural Birth
Options

is not ripping normal?

i had my baby boy in feb 2012 AND i dit not rip, did this happen to you?

Re: is not ripping normal?

• Options
    It's common to not tear. I did not.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't tear with either of my deliveries.  Without being numb, you feel your more apt to feel your bodies cues, and push at a better rate.  Tearing tends to happen when you push too fast or too hard. 
    If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. When mountains crumble to the sea, there will still be you and me. - Led Zeppelin
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
    imageimage image
    Chemical Pregnancy 10/5/10
    BFP 2/7/11--m/c 2/12/11
    TTD pics taken by knottie jen&louie :o)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I tore with my medicated delivery, but not with my sunny side up natural birth.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I tore with both, medicated first delivery (2nd degree with DD - 5lbs. 14 oz), and natural 2nd delivery with DS, but he was 8lbs 9 oz and I had a 3rd degree tear. Not fun :(
  • Options
    I had a sunny side up baby, plus his head was at an odd angle and I still didn't tear.
    imageimageimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker      

• Options

DD1 = two stitches.

DD2  = no tearing.

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• Options
    I did not tear, but I attribute it in part to my OB who was stretching me out the entire two hours I pushed, no matter what position I was in.  She rocked.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I tore with both girls, and they were both natural births.  DD1 was a 2nd degree, and DD2 was a 1st degree tear.  Labor with DD1 was 4 hours start to finish with 10 mins of pushing.  Labor with DD2 was 2 hours start to finish with a couple of pushes to get her out.  My body likes to have babies fast and barely give the midwives time to get there.  I think this affected my tearing even though I know people with similar birth experiences and no tears.   
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've had three and not torn with any of them.

• Options

I don't think it's "normal" or not to tear (or not), as it can depend on so many factors related to the LO, the mother, and the delivery. 

I had a very very small tear with DS (7lb 15oz), and absolutely nothing with DD (8lb 3 oz) or DS2 (9lb 7 oz). All 3 were natural births. 

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did not tear with either of my deliveries (one with epi, one without).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Eleanor Noelle - 18/05/12 Claire Elisabeth - 16/-5/10
  • Options
    I did not tear with my first...and hope not to again with my second!
  • Options
    I had a 2nd degree tear with my medicated delivery of 6lb 9oz DS1 (pushed for 2.5 hours).  No tear at all with natural 7 lb 7 oz DS2 (pushed for 1 hr 15 mins).  Both boys were OP
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I didn't tear at all.
    imageimageimage
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Breastfeeding and pregnant!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"