Parenting

Do all men do this?

So, DH just got home from work.
He was standing in the kitchen putting something in the microwave, and he says, "So, I farted on [coworker] and [coworker] today... twice."

Do all men do things like that?
LMK
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Do all men do this?

• My husband is not like that at work.  We did, however, both fart on each other last night & nearly died of hysterical laughter.  Big Smile
  • Loading the player...
  • UM.....no. Not coworkers. Now the dog, on the other hand, poor boy gets farted on all the time.
    "Fvuck 'em if they can't take a joke." - Bette Midler Boom Shaka Laka Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My husband is the only man I know who is disgusted by flatulence. I am a gassy person and so are both the girls. We cannot help it...

DD#1 11.7.07 - DD#2 11.2.10 (3rd Tri Loss)- DD#3 4.18.12
  • jess60jess60 member

What profession?  That may make a difference...maybe.  MAYBE.

I still don't think it's the norm of men in the workplace.

• My DH is a high school football coach.  There is no telling what they do to/on each other, but if I had to guess I'd say farting happens.
     Lilypie - (gu1R)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Just on one of his coworkers. He is a gassy fella though.
  • Um. No. That would be entirely inappropriate in my H's work environment. (And really, I don't think I'd want to work anywhere where that would be appropriate!)
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• Ew.

My H would totally say something like that.  But he works with all men at an auto shop so I try to overlook it.

Boys are gross.

• JL425JL425 member

My DH doesn't and wouldn't do this type of thing at work, or in similar settings. But at home, etc...yeah. I'm not sure he'll ever outgrow farting / bathroom humor. I just roll my eyes and move on, lol.

ETA: He doesn't fart *on* me, but thinks all things related to farting in itself are hilarious. And now I'm LOL'ing because I just de-lurked today, and here I am talking about farting.

• imagePB1980:
    WTF! No!
    Pretty much this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No. I get that farts happen, but I don't wanna hear/smell them. I wish I could be less uptight about this...but it hasn't happened yet. It grosses me out when DH farts in front of me.
  • imagejess60:

What profession?  That may make a difference...maybe.  MAYBE.

I still don't think it's the norm of men in the workplace.

He works for a company making electronic flight controls for NATO missile systems and most of the commercial air liners. 
    More specifically, he works as a machinist in a pretty casual environment.

• Yea, he probably does.  Him and my DS have farting contests, lovely!!!  My DS also finds everything about farting is awesome and funny.  My DD will "let one go" and then she will blame it on her brother.  Funny how the gender dynamics start sooo early!
  • vflipovflipo member
    My husband is a boss so he's not allowed to act like that at work. He doesn't appreciate my pride when it comes to passing gas, so I doubt he would do that even if he wasn't the boss.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Not in a professional setting but I can't say he will be above dutch-ovening our kids at some point.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    "Lilypie">image"Lilypie">
  • imagePB1980:
    So, he rubs his butt on other men in public?

More like he'll be standing there engaging in conversation, let one slip that he knows is gonna be super rank, and then he'll wait for the reaction.
    They'be been really bad lately. I mean, it smells just like a bad diaper, so I've been having to check Abigail's diapers to make sure it wasn't her.

My most common phrase lately is, "Did somebody fart or poop?"
  • My DH is very nice at work...He waits until he gets home and does it to ds or to me...usually when I can't defend my self! Men are so gross sometimes!!!!!

246766_10151109110708553_251854356_n Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagemrebecca:
    imagePB1980:

More like he'll be standing there engaging in conversation, let one slip that he knows is gonna be super rank, and then he'll wait for the reaction.
    They'be been really bad lately. I mean, it smells just like a bad diaper, so I've been having to check Abigail's diapers to make sure it wasn't her.

OK, that's really, really nasty.
  • imagemrebecca:
    imagePB1980:

But not like farting on everybody. Just certain guys at work he knows can take a joke.

• Definitely not.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagemrebecca:
    So, DH just got home from work.
    He was standing in the kitchen putting something in the microwave, and he says, "So, I farted on [coworker] and [coworker] today... twice."

Do all men do things like that?
    LMK

No.

But generally we have no issue farting in front of each other and laughing. Except my one friend, his are nasty and we always yell at him for it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • My h wouldn't but by brother would.
  • I think they do but for the most part don't talk about it while at work and sometimes not even at home. Would you want your spouse knowing you SBDed the new guy whose cubicle is the next row down while picking up something from the printer?

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• imagemrebecca:

imagemrebecca:
    imagePB1980:

But not like farting on everybody. Just certain guys at work he knows can take a joke.

I'm genuinely interested in knowing what kind of place your DH works at where this is acceptable behavior. What does he do?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • delg23delg23 member
    no, not my husband anyway.
  • I think it's funny. As long as he wasn't shoving his ass on the persons face or something. Men are different, my dh wouldn't at work unless his bf worked with him. But he doesn't. He lifts his leg up to fart setimes at home and it's funny and gross. I Dutch oven him though and mine are raunchy as hell
  • Negative Ghostrider.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• He doesn't fart on co-workers.

But if he's with his friends or me, it's a free-for-all. 

imageimage 

Unable to even.  

You don't understand the appeal of Benedict Cumberbatch / think he's fug / don't know who he is? WATCH SHERLOCK.  Until you do, your negative opinion of him will not be taken seriously.

• Umm no. That wouldn't go over too well at DH's workplace.
    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/1e/60/2a/1e602a4261a90b9c761ebe748b780318.jpg    https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/47/2c/07/472c076006afed606241716dd0db828a.jpg 
  • I assume not. I've only ever heard Bun pass gas in his sleep.
    Jack Anderson 2.28.10 Our amazing little man. image
  • Ummm....nooooooo 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

• DH didn't even do this at his old job.  And he worked for a fraternity.

IAmPregnant Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"