New York Babies
Options

Child birth classes in Staten Island, NY??

Can anyone recommend any child birthing classes in Staten Island, NY?  I've heard of Ten Toes and obviously the classes at the hospitals.  I'm delivering at RUMC so if anyone has been to the classes at RUMC or are currently attending I'd love your opinion.

Thanks
Jenn

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Child birth classes in Staten Island, NY??

• Options

dont know if you got any classes yet, but here is a good one I called that does private courses in staten island

Stone, Lynne
    Staten Island NY 10314
    H: (718)761-840

• Options

Momdoulary

They hold a free Fearless Childbirth Class currently in Staten Island, Manhattan and Brooklyn Locations.

There are also child birth and parenting classes.

CHeck out the website

www.momdoulary.com 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Ive heard about classes at RUMC, was also wondering how they were..Any info would be great. I was looking into ten toes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Momdoulary is where it is at if you haven't found anything yet (they are at www.momdoulary.com).   If you hire one of their doulas you get ALL the classes for free for up to a year after your baby is born.  Their childbirth classes are really cool, stuff like Baby Rocks/Birth Ball (a dance and birth ball class for labor - it really helped my backache late in pregnancy).  And they have Birthnotics which is hypnosis if you want it, and Fearless Childbirth (best class i took).   And the 8 hour class with all the basics.  Conversations you should have with your doctor.  What else? Oh yeah all the basics like newborn care, breastfeeding, etc, plus stuff like organic baby food making etc.   So for just the price of the doula you get like $1000 worth of classes, all for free.  Plus you make lots of friends there.  And they don't lecture you, or tell you not to have an epidural. Instead it is about finding what is best for you and your birth and your family.   Plus you can get free tickets to the fearless childbirth class to check em out.  WHy pay ten toes something like $400 when you can get that long class free, plus all the other classes, plus a doula and breastfeeding classes.  And don't go to the hospital class omg!  I hear it is awful!  Good luck!!   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"