Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Drooling...a lot! Rash help...

Hi! I need suggestions to help my poor twins with their drool rash. What are you doing to help this? My parenting book said to use vasaline but that seems weird to me.
Matthew & Lillian 1/23/2012 It's TWINS!!!!! 1rst IVF May 2011 ER 5/30/11 ET 6/2/11 2 transfered #1 6/10/11 211 #2 6/13/11 880!!! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Drooling...a lot! Rash help...

• Options
    This happened to my DS.  She sucks on her binky a lot and her rash was where the drool met the binky.  I put vasaline on her chin for a day and a half and the rash cleared up.  I would reapply the vasaline throughout the day.  Be sure to completely dry the area first and the apply the vasaline.  My doc recommended this and I thought it was stupid - until it worked wonders.  I hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    When DS started drooling a TON at 2 months, the pedi said 1% hydrocortisone cream.  I never did use it, and even though he still drools it just kind of went away.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageshurjen:
    This happened to my DS.  She sucks on her binky a lot and her rash was where the drool met the binky.  I put vasaline on her chin for a day and a half and the rash cleared up.  I would reapply the vasaline throughout the day.  Be sure to completely dry the area first and the apply the vasaline.  My doc recommended this and I thought it was stupid - until it worked wonders.  I hope this helps!

This.  Also that Aquaphor cream/gel stuff works well too, but its very expensive.  Ask your pedi for a sample. 

• Options
    Just keeping it dry did more help than anything.  We stopped using a paci for daytime naps for three days...it wasn't a happy three days but it helped.  Also a tiny bit of Lanolin did wonders too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I use something calling Magic Stick. It's for diaper rash, all natural. I use it on neck rash/raw neck, stuff like that. I have one for her bottom and one for rashes else where. IT works like a charm and it doesn't get on your fingers.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

My baby had the same problem... and i used aquaphor and it cleared up almost immediately!! good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"