Stay at Home Moms

Anybody a SAHM and student???

Well I am a SAHM to my beautiful daughter who is now 3 1/2 months. I was planning on staying at home full time until August then going back to school full time/ SAHM. But I am getting kind of anxious and I would really like to go back to school now but I don't want to miss the time with DD. I was thinking about taking a couple online classes this semester then starting full time in the summer when my mom can help watch DD. Anybody else in college and a SAHM?? I am wondering how hard it will be to go to school take care of baby, house , laundry etc...??? TIA

Re: Anybody a SAHM and student???

• I am a SAHM and a full time student.  I have to say its been relatively easy to do both.  However, school work has always come naturally to me(no studying, still get good grades...I know, I suck Stick out tongue), my husband is a HUGE help, and I have a really easy baby.  The circumstances are different for everyone.  Personally though, I've found that school can be a happy medium between full time SAHM and full time work(which I missed a lot at first) in terms of personal fulfillment, adult interaction and time spent with my DS.  Maybe try one or two classes to start and see how it goes?  GL!  Big Smile
    Moved to Maple Valley, Washington January 2012
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBrina Bean:
    Personally though, I've found that school can be a happy medium between full time SAHM and full time work(which I missed a lot at first) in terms of personal fulfillment, adult interaction and time spent with my DS.    Big Smile

I concur.  I'm also lucky that hubster is a gem and totally takes on baby duty on the weekends and evenings so that I can work and go meet with my groups if necessary.  

• Loading the player...
  • My plan was to go back to school, but I haven't done so yet. My DD is very demanding though. I thought of taking some on-line classes, but I don't know when I would fine the time. If you think you can manage I say go for it!
  • I'm going to schools part-time and it's been great.  I'm taking two classes online and one that only meets once a week.  The only hard thing has been figuring out the best time to work on papers because DS is a horrible napper. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was a sahm until my son was 18 months and then went back pt now I'm sahm and a full time student, I have one quarter until I have my BA so I'm going to finish winter quarter... new baby is due Feb 13th and quarter ends March 13th... I'll have my hands full, but ahhh I can't wait to be done!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"