Multiples

what to do with 1 year olds

Hi all,

My girls are almost 14 months now and I'm having a hard time thinking of fun things to do inside at the house and fun places to take them. Please share with me what you do with your 12+ month olds??

TIA!

April

Re: what to do with 1 year olds

• I am interested in your responses, because I too feel like mine get a little bored.  We take walks a lot and today went to the park - it was 45 degrees which was relatively warm.  One of mine has been a really good shopper and he and I ran a lot of errands this weekend.  I also visit friends, go to story time at the library (when I'm off from work) and make playdates on weekends.  Target is a great alternative is you need something to do.  My boys love watching the activity around them.
  • As for inside the house, lately mine have been interested in "helping" me sort laundry.  It buys some time and they love putting things on their head.  They also like playing in their kitchen cabinet where I keep tupperware they can play with.

• Loading the player...
  • We struggle with this too.  We play music and dance with them a lot.  Also, their favorite game is "couch" to play couch, position two parents to block the front of the couch, place two babies on the couch and let them jump and run back and forth on the couch laughing like maniacs (I'm not sure why they love it so much, but they do).   As for out of the house, they go for a lot of walks, and just pick up random leaves and whatnot.  Also, we've been taking them to the county rec center pool several times recently, just to wear them out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"