Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Crib blanket

At what point should I introduce a crib blanket and what kind should I get? My daughter is 2 and seems to finally get the concept of a blanket. Do I just leave it loose in there or tuck it in? She moves all over the place. Not sure if she would use it, but also trying to get her ready for her toddler bed.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Crib blanket

• Options
    We use fleece baby blankets for our kids. They've had them since they were a few months old. We just cover them to their armpits every night and it either stays or gets rolled up in a ball by the morning. DD still uses her baby blanket even though she's in a twin bed with twin bedding now... she's always hot and doesn't love the idea of a comforter just yet.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    abb08abb08 member

DS just turned 2 and we started using a blanket this past winter.  It doesn't usually stay on him all night, but he loves getting covered up at bedtime!  The other night I tried to leave it off because it is so hot here and the blanket is really a warm weather blanket, but he cried to be covered. =)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We started using one in the fall. I would usually lay it over him before I went to bed, but for the most part it didn't really stay on him. He still doesn't really use it as a blanket. We just put it in there loosely. Most of the time he either hugs it or sleeps right on top of it. I think in the fall/winter I'll probably start giving him 2 in hopes that he uses one properly - but I'm not holding my breath. :)
  • Options
    DS has had blankets in his bed since fall.  He is in a twin bed now with full comforter (light one) and sheets.  Sometimes I cover him to his armpits if it's chilly.  If I don't, I sometimes find he has covered himself.  He usually ends up with them all down at the bottom of the bed.  DS is very capable of moving the covers, etc. so I don't worry about him with them.  If he gets hot, he'll uncover himself.
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    we introduced one at close to a year.  our oldest (almost 3) loves tons of blankets - not tucked in.  our youngest (14 mth) sleeps with a small baby sized one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"