Pregnant after IF

Just a question...

2»

Re: Just a question...

• That's exactly it Gypsy. 

Look the last thing I want is to start anything, that was not my goal by any means. I again am sorry if I upset anyone. I have to step away because it just hurts to read some of this and I need to keep myself unstressed. Preeclampsia is kicking my ass and stress is not a good thing for it. Again I do not mean to hurt anyone, most people that know me will attest that I am not like that at all.  

TTC since 2006
    Me: 36 DH: 40
    DH dx azoospermia My dx: RA & AMA
    d-IUI's--6/10, 7/13 & 8/4: all BFN
    d-IVF#1--Lupron/Menopur/Bravelle/Novarel; mini-dose protocol
    ER: 10/25--18R; 14F; ET: 10/28--3dt of 2 embies; 3 blasts frozen
    + HPT 11/4; Beta #1--14dp3dt: 441; Beta #2--21dp3dt: 9298
    One beautiful jelly bean growing! Saw h/b on 11/28 and 12/5!!!
    P/SAIF welcome
    <a href="http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b315/mandalinn/?action=view
  • imagemandalinn25:

That's exactly it Gypsy. 

Look the last thing I want is to start anything, that was not my goal by any means. I again am sorry if I upset anyone. I have to step away because it just hurts to read some of this and I need to keep myself unstressed. Preeclampsia is kicking my ass and stress is not a good thing for it. Again I do not mean to hurt anyone, most people that know me will attest that I am not like that at all.  

((Hugs)) love!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageNesting.Away:

If you read my original post, it truly is just a question. It isn't a "how dare you come over here" or anything else. I was truly curious as to why people were posting where they were. I do find it somewhat amusing that some jumped right into the "feeling welcome" argument even though that was not the point of the post at all, but thank you for trying to turn that into it.

I wished the mentioned poster good luck and did let her know that she was what sparked my curiosity, but it went no further. 

Asking why people that didn't post of IF felt that they should post here instead of 1st tri could easily be interpreted as not being welcoming.   Maybe that was not your intention, but honestly that's how it came off to me and probably the others that then felt the need to explain/defend themselves for posting here if they didn't post on IF.

I don't think Mandalinn is to blame.  I think it was the tone and wording of your post, even if you intended it to be a simple question. 

DX: Anovulation
    TX: IUI #1-4 = BFN + 1 c/p
    IUI #5: Clomid 100mg + Bravelle + Trigger + B2B IUIs + 800mg Progesterone = BFP!
    Beta #1 (14dpiui): 460 Beta #2 (16dpiui): 998 Beta #3 (23dpiui): 21,832 Beta #4 (29dpiui): 129,771

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagetheworms:

We can't control who comes to a public message board but IMO there is a HUGE difference between TTTC and IF.  It seems like this board seems has become a catch basin for anyone who had trouble trying to conceive as opposed to ladies who really have an infertility diagnosis, these are 2 very different things.  I don't want to dismiss anyone's journeys but taking clomid and going through multiple IUI's or IVF's are 2 very different things.

We created a board description for this board back when we started this board and it still needs to be added to the top (and yes, sadly I helped start this board a few months before my first BFP and then first m/c).  

This is the board description

If you have an Infertility diagnosis (and were posting on IF and IFV) OR needed IUI or IVF to conceive this is the place for you. 

Anyway, I will continue to work on getting board description posted.  

Again, I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or attack anyone. 

Can I ask, why is it an infertility diagnosis AND posting on IF or IFV? I get that you believe 3T is not up to par with IF but there are quite a few of us who do have an infertility diagnosis and chose to post on 3T instead of IF for whatever personal reason (for me - it seemed like every post was an IVF post and I wasn't at that point so I didn't feel I belonged there. Just recently, I began to see an IUI/TI check-in badge on IF but I don't think that was around when I was looking to post. Therefore, 3T seemed to be the best place for me - a mix of girls going through IUI, IVF, TI, etc all under the care of an RE. )

I went through 6 rounds of Clomid and an injectible cycle to get here - but I didn't post on the IF board and this pregnancy wasn't achieved with an IUI (it was cancelled) so by the board description, I wouldn't fit here.

Maybe the board description needs to be updated before it's actually put up.  

We can't control who comes to a public message board but IMO there is a HUGE difference between TTTC and IF.  It seems like this board seems has become a catch basin for anyone who had trouble trying to conceive as opposed to ladies who really have an infertility diagnosis, these are 2 very different things.  I don't want to dismiss anyone's journeys but taking clomid and going through multiple IUI's or IVF's are 2 very different things.

We created a board description for this board back when we started this board and it still needs to be added to the top (and yes, sadly I helped start this board a few months before my first BFP and then first m/c).  

This is the board description

If you have an Infertility diagnosis (and were posting on IF and IFV) OR needed IUI or IVF to conceive this is the place for you. 

Anyway, I will continue to work on getting board description posted.  

Again, I am not trying to hurt anyone's feelings or attack anyone. 

Can I ask, why is it an infertility diagnosis AND posting on IF or IFV? I get that you believe 3T is not up to par with IF but there are quite a few of us who do have an infertility diagnosis and chose to post on 3T instead of IF for whatever personal reason (for me - it seemed like every post was an IVF post and I wasn't at that point so I didn't feel I belonged there. Just recently, I began to see an IUI/TI check-in badge on IF but I don't think that was around when I was looking to post. Therefore, 3T seemed to be the best place for me - a mix of girls going through IUI, IVF, TI, etc all under the care of an RE. )

I went through 6 rounds of Clomid and an injectible cycle to get here - but I didn't post on the IF board and this pregnancy wasn't achieved with an IUI (it was cancelled) so by the board description, I wouldn't fit here.

Maybe the board description needs to be updated before it's actually put up.  

This is description we came up when we started this board (the ladies from IF and IFV fought for months to get a Preg after IF board). 

At this point I think there are way to many IF/TTTC boards.  When I started we were all under the TTTC banner and the nest changed it to IF and eventually other boards popped up. 

Regardless, if you have an infertility diagnosis then this would be the board to post on. 

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"