Success after IF
Options

XP: 3DT vs 5DT - interesting link inside

3DT vs 5DT - interesting link inside.

-->

I was convinced that since my fert report came back w/only 3 embryos that I would push for a 3DT - now I'm not so sure.  Check this out.

https://www.sharedjourney.com/articles/3vs5.html

Re: XP: 3DT vs 5DT - interesting link inside

• Options

They told me that in the IVF class I had to take.  They said that when they put them back on day 3, they are not putting them where they would be naturally but day 5 is when they would offically be in the uterus.  We only had 2 embryos and did a 5 DT and it turned out beautifully.  I would trust your dr.  Good luck!

twin girls after 43 months of TTC.. Katherine Emily (5 lbs 12 oz 19 1/4 in) and Karly Elizabeth (5lbs 7 oz 19 in) imageLilypie!!My bio!! !!My Blog!! imageimage

• Options

My RE always tries to do a 5-day, but if you only have a few embryos, they won't.  I think it really works both ways.  In an ideal world, we would all have perfect blasts that make it to day 5.  Some people don't, and day 3 works perfectly! : )

I would listen to and trust your RE.  They have the most experience and want you to get pregnant.  GL!!!

DX: PCOS * Success with IVF

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've read this before and it's just one RE's opinion. I did PGD with my first IVF and transferred 3 blasts on day 5 and had a chemical pregnancy. They were genetically normal, at least insofar as what PGD tested for. Each day that went on, our embies looked worse.

On our second IVF, our RE made the decision to do a day 3 transfer. We transferred four embies and were initially pregnant with triplets, although we lost one at 9w5d.

Having gone from 0/3 sticking to 3/4 sticking originally makes me think that not all embryos do better in a lab for those extra two days, which is my RE's opinion as well.

• Options
    I read that when I was researching 3d vs 5d transfers.  In the end I had a 3dt and my siggy tells my story.  That is just one RE's opinion and I feel you need to trust your specific RE to make the right decision.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"